Revenir aux emplois
22-056- Assistant Project Leader
Number of Vacancies: 1
Duration: 2 years
Location: 1 Holt Rd., Bowmanville (Darlington Site)
Hours: 35 hours per week
Travel: 5% (1 week per year)
- Assist Supervisor and other staff in administering the organization, coordination and execution of assigned project(s) within multidiscipline project portfolios. Provide technical support on matrix project execution teams. Under direction of Supervisor or delegate, prepare and facilitate project documentation. Within scope of accountability, ensure appropriate Project Management and Contract Management governance is followed. Support Supervisor and senior staff in managing the engineering, procurement and construction of assigned projects, ensuring all project objectives and commitments are controlled and delivered within targets of safety, quality, budget and schedule. Maintain close liaison with field construction forces and operations on matters involving design, schedules, costing and other related issues under the guidance and with assistance of senior staff.
- Assist in providing immediate and higher management with regular project or work package reports.
- Monitor, evaluate and report on cost and schedule, and manage changes.
- Review cost variance reports, provide explanations and recommendations for disposition of variances, and take corrective actions when required.
- Resolve and assist with the resolution of issues and problems, as necessary to ensure that project deliverables are achieved as per plan, and that any changes to scope, schedule and cost are managed and approved in line with process and procedure.
- Maintain communications with internal and external stakeholders, regulatory bodies and agencies, and cooperate with the exchange of relevant information as required to meet the project objectives.
- As assigned, arrange and chair meetings involving appropriate stakeholders with a given project. Guide and direct discussions involving internal staff, contractors, manufacturers, suppliers and the like, in an effort to efficiently and effectively meet project objectives. Coordinate the preparation of project turnover documentation and ensure completeness. Document and address outstanding project deficiencies.
- Visit various site locations, manufacturers and suppliers, as required. Be prepared to observe plant sites and installations in Canada and outside the country to observe manufacturing progress, techniques, equipment, etc. Provide input as required, and utilize knowledge gained for Ontario Power Generation application.
- Support maintaining the awareness of, and keep assigned project parties informed of latest construction, budgeting, estimating and scheduling practices and other corporate procedures.
- Support the review and maintain awareness of all Corporate and local procedures pertinent to project control and administration. Maintain process compliance during project execution and advise supervisor if compliance cannot be achieved.
- Requires a knowledge of physics, engineering principles, mathematics and chemistry as related to industrial and power generation equipment.
- Requires a knowledge of economics and business principles to provide project cost estimates and forecasts.
- Requires a knowledge of project management principles, specifically the five (5) primary project phases (Identification, Initiation, Definition, Execution, Close-out).
- Requires a good knowledge of English, both oral and in written form to effectively communicate with others and to prepare concise reports. Requires this knowledge to organize, assist others in coordinating various phases of an assigned project in accordance with project management governance and the application of sound technical skills.
- This level of knowledge is normally acquired by successful completion of a 4 year university degree in an appropriate area.
- Requires experience pertaining to the following to become familiar with processes and controls for projects in order to perform an effective role: Assisting with the management of conflicting priorities of scope, schedule, cost and quality. Equipment and processes in a generating station or similar heavy industry. Problem solving. Cost accounting and forecasting as it relates to project management. Commercial contracting methods, contract management, construction methods, codes and standards, quality assurance and health and safety. Strong organizational skills. Effectiveness as a team player to understand and work with various internal and external groups in order to facilitate objectives and ensure projects satisfy stakeholder requirements. Environmental protection and associated concerns. Assisting in the management of projects of increasing complexity.
- A period of over 2 years and up to and including 4 years is considered necessary to gain this experience.
- Leadership experience is an asset.
- Field experience required.