Electrical Design Engineer
Location: Tiverton, ON
Duration: 1 year
To deliver electrical engineering expertise to power generation utilities and other customers. The specific accountabilities of the position are as follows:
* Provide electrical power distribution design and analysis for operating nuclear and other industrial plants.
* Perform condition assessments of electrical equipment such as transformers, breakers, switch gears, electric motors, motor control centers, generators and other power plant equipment
* Develop life cycle plans, including inspection and test programs
* Perform engineering change design and analysis following established Engineering Change Control procedures
* Perform electrical analysis, equipment protection, cable and electrical equipment selection
* Understand and assess client problems and determine appropriate means of solution.
* Manage projects and act as design team lead where appropriate.
* Interface effectively with other staff on multi-disciplinary projects.
* Stay current with developments within your field of expertise.
* Other duties as assigned
* Bachelor's Degree in Electrical/I&C Engineering
* Minimum of 5 years' experience in electrical design engineering
* Proven track record in electrical design and analysis in electrical power distribution, including application to nuclear plants
* Strong knowledge of generating station power upgrades including necessary system protection/system stability and relaying
* Experience in performing condition assessments of electrical equipment such as transformers, breakers, switch gears, electric motors, motor control centers, generators and other power plant equipment
* In depth knowledge and experience of use of appropriate codes and standards, as applied to nuclear plant and conventional plants.
* Experience in project management and interfacing with and coordinating activities of multi-disciplinary teams.
* Knowledge of the life cycle management of electrical equipment.
* Familiarity with rigorous engineering change control processes and application of QA programs
* Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, and have demonstrated a high commitment to quality.
* Excellent problem-solving skills.
* Experience in leading technical projects to successful conclusions.
* Good understanding of nuclear power plant design and operation.
* A Professional Engineer of Ontario (PEO), or eligible for PEO status, with a passion for engineering.
* Innovative, enthusiastic and ready to be part of our dynamic team.
* Knowledge and experience working with nuclear power plant (Bruce Power, OPG, NB Power or other) systems & processes, e.g. Engineering Change Control is an asset.
* OPG and Bruce Power Security Clearance is an asset