Duration: 1 Year
Location: Tiverton, Ontario
* Prepare engineering designs from conceptual design, through tender to construction
* Work with team members in determining viable solutions for design issues.
* Work to and meet project schedules and budgets.
* Coordinate design work with other project team members and other disciplines.
* Prepare design calculations, technical specifications, and engineering drawings
* Support construction administration personnel including field reviews, walkdowns, and co-ordination, review of Vendors' change orders, clarifications and RFI responses on an occasional or as required basis.
Skills, Knowledge and Qualifications
* Experience in reading & interpreting Mechanical General Arrangement drawings, flow diagrams, piping, and flowsheets, etc.
* Experience with mechanical analysis software and design tools, computer knowledgeable.
* Hands on experience with stress analysis and preparation of design calculations.
* Familiarity with Secondary Side, Turbine/Generator, Cooling water systems/components and piping of CANDU plant is considered an asset.
* Experience in design and preparing Engineering Changes is preferred.
* Detail oriented, can work independently or with minimal supervision.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to prepare and deliver presentations.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
* Completion of a 4-year University degree in Engineering (Mechanical)
* Two (2) to Four (4) years of Project Engineering experience
* Two (2) to Three (3) years in Nuclear is considered an asset