Role: Project Manager 17112
Estimated Work Start Date: 22-Aug-2022
Estimated Work End Date: 22-Aug-2024
Location: Edmonds, BC
Standard Hours Per Day: 8.00
Role Profile:Project manage Transmission Load Interconnection and Transmission and Distribution Line relocation projects through Design and Construction phases.
Experience and Role Accountabilities
* A minimum five (5) years of project management experience or equivalent.
* Plan, direct, and report on infrastructure and other construction project activities by consistently monitoring project benefits, resources and status and creating documents such as project plans, action logs, communication plans, status reports and post implementation reviews so that the project is implemented as planned.
* Develop project plans and risk management plans for low to medium risk infrastructure or other construction projects with a capital cost that is generally up to $20 million for effective management throughout the project lifecycle.
* Manage multiple activities effectively such as quality assurance, engineering, First Nations and stakeholder engagement, communication, regulatory approvals, procurement, planning and controls, construction management, pre-commissioning, employee relations, and safety by using project management principles in monitoring progress and establishing standards for implementation to keep the project within allotted time and budget.
* Complete project management activities including scoping, planning, managing, monitoring, and reporting on project tasks by using intermediate skills in Microsoft Office as well as project management programs to fulfill BC Hydro's business needs.
* Maintain meaningful relationships with stakeholders including customers, engineers and field crews through regular communication using excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills enabling timely progression of projects.
Education and Skills
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Business, Economics or related discipline
* Bachelor's degree Engineering, an asset
* Project Management Professional (PMP®) designation, preferred
* Intermediate MS Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project)
* Advanced English skills for professional environment, written and spoken
This role is best suited to someone with demonstrated experience managing utility type projects through all project life cycle stages.
Preference will be given to those who:
have managed Distribution or Transmission system projects for an electrical utility.
Carry a PMP or equivalent credential. A relevant mix of education and project management work experience will always be considered.
Live in the Lower Mainland or are willing to relocate to the Lower Mainland in British Columbia. Remote work from other regions will be considered.