Position: Project Engineer
Location: Saskatoon, SK - hybrid working model - potential travel to Northern SK sites
Days/Hours: Monday - Friday 40 hours per week
Duration: 6 months
The project engineer is responsible to establish, coordinate and monitor all aspects of the engineering effort to undertake and complete the technical engineering design in accordance with the project scope documents. The project engineer is accountable for all engineering deliverables on the project and is responsible for managing the engineering scope, schedule, budget, and to ensure constructability, economic and logistical reviews are performed for the engineering scope. In addition, the project engineer is responsible for ensuring that commissioning scope of the project is executed in accordance with the Cameco procedure to ensure that design and construction outcomes are systematically tested for fit for purpose and operational readiness acceptability.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensures engineering is carried out in accordance with Cameco's standards and procedures.
- Prepares work packages, vendor packages, and facilitates design review sessions.
- Ensures the design meets the scope requirements and is fit for its intended purpose.
- Ensures the engineering aspects of the project execution strategy is correctly considered and aligns with available engineering resources.
- Responsible for engineering quality assurance and quality control on project.
- Leads engineers and/or designers to produce the design(s) for the discipline.
- Verifies as-built conditions onsite and completing red line markups of asbuilt conditions if required.
- Obtains input from any involved disciplines.
- Ensures that the discipline design activities remain on schedule and on budget.
- Provide leadership to the commissioning and start up (CSU) team. Develop the commissioning execution strategy.
- Accountable for the development and maintenance of commissioning plans.
- Accountable for the development of commissioning schedules.
- Accountable for the safety of the CSU team members and ensuring safety is at the forefront of the commissioning process, schedules and plans.
- Develop, plan, staff and schedule commissioning activities.
- Ensure commissioning is executed in compliance with the commissioning procedure.
- Identify commissioning systems and subsystems including documentation requirements.
- Ensure that construction and CMT provides quality turnover packages including all requirements of the inspection test plans (ITPs) and redline drawings.
- Conduct field inspections and support quality control.
- Ensure the CSU team complies with operations and project safety, health, environment and quality programs.
- Ensure job hazard analyses (JHAs) and field level risk assessments (FLRAs) are conducted for commissioning activities.
- Responsible to ensure commissioning plans are developed in a timely manner.
- Responsible for the identification and management of commissioning spares and first fills.
- Edit and approve CSU documentation, including final approval of commissioning ITPs and completion of CSU activities. Provide technical input and support.
- 4-9 years (intermediate) OR 10+ years (senior)
- Professional Engineer registered with APEGS - P.Eng Designation.
- Multidiscipline engineering and involved commissioning experience are requirements for this role.
- Cameco requires all assigned resources contractors to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19
- Pre-access substance testing prior to any site trip to Cameco's Northern Saskatchewan operations