Role: Project Manager - Construction - Solar
Location: Etobicoke, ON
We are looking for a smart, driven, organized, and meticulous person to manage and coordinate projects involving stone panel cladding systems for large construction projects. You will be working with construction crews, architects, builders, developers, and building owners. The successful candidate will be proactive, intuitive, analytical, detail-oriented, creative, possess a strong technical aptitude, have exceptional people skills, and be able to solve problems to keep projects on track. We are growing very rapidly and there is an excellent opportunity for growth and advancement with our company.
We are a purpose-based developer and manufacturer of Integrated Photovoltaic Systems (such as BIPV) for buildings and large structures. We are the world's first manufacturer to develop customizable "solar" solutions with traditional cladding panels.
- Know the Ontario Building Code and be able to read construction building plans
- Highly motivated individual with excellent analytical, organizational, interpersonal, time management, and communication skills
- Proactive and have a positive mindset
- Possess a strong technical aptitude and attention to detail
- Can adapt well to shifting priorities and schedules
- Be effective in working independently
- Have good problem-solving skills and be goal-oriented
- Have a professional appearance and demeanour
- Good with Microsoft Excel, and word
- At least 3 years of construction management experience
- Experience with CRM (Customer Relationship Management) and Project Management software
- Building envelope and rain-screen experience is an asset
- Set-up projects and project files
- Support the salespeople with the management and coordination of projects using CRM and Project Management software tools
- Keep projects on track by setting up project tasks and monitoring their execution
- Consult blueprints, designs, and client instructions to develop construction plans for your team.
- Coordinate quotations based on estimates produced by salespeople
- Placing orders with suppliers
- Meet and communicate with architects, builders, and developers to coordinate and support projects to their successful completion.
- Coordinate, oversee, and manage the installation process and construction crews
- Create and enforce employee schedules and construction timelines.
- Manage construction sites, ensuring that workers adhere to construction plans and safety codes.
- Document all costs and ensure that expenses never exceed the construction budget.
- Update clients on construction progress through presentations and client meetings.
- Generate periodic project status reports on a weekly basis.
- Other duties as requested.