Role: Records and Information Analyst/Taxonomist
Contract Duration: Jun 2022 - October 2022
Standard Hours Per Day: 7.50 Monday - Friday
Location: Edmonds, BC
Rate: $80/ - $90/INC
Degree in archival studies, library and information studies, or equivalent degree and experience.
- The consultant shall provide consulting services related to reviewing and instituting taxonomy / file structure for our Water Use Planning and Licensing Team.
- Electronic systems assessment: to assess the use of shared drives, Outlook, Share Point, Oracle database and any other pertinent electronic system;
- Paper records assessment;
- Existing process diagrams.
- Assess existing taxonomies, file structures and related filling practices (e.g. file naming, folder level tree structure).
- Identify areas for improvement and recommend a strategy to achieve a future state that complies with pertinent legal and privacy requirements, with records management best practices and standards, and with applicable BC Hydro and TELUS internal records and information management policies.
- Assist the Joint Use department in prioritizing issues to focus on to implement a sound recordkeeping system, which may include: metadata management to promote efficient and effective search and browsing; establishing retention periods and respective implementation strategy; establishing which records should be generated and the elements required for completeness; security management; recordkeeping procedures.
This role requires regular or occasional attendance at a BC Hydro workplace(s) and as such will be subject to BC Hydro's Contractor Vaccination Policy. This policy requires all contractor resources to be fully vaccinated by January 10, 2022 or prior to the work assignment start date whichever date is later.