Originate and check Civil/Structural deliverables of moderate complexity, including drawings and 3-D models for steel, concrete, and masonry structures.
* Interpret and verify industry standards, guidelines, and codes for project deliverables.
* Report design quantities compared to estimated quantities.
* Participate in project design/model reviews.
* Participate in constructability reviews.
* Review and coordinate technical documents with/from other engineering disciplines, procurement, and construction.
High School diploma and seven years of related design experience
Work experience should emphasize civil/structural design of heavy industrial type facilities.
Must be familiar with Microsoft Word and Excel.
Familiar with provisions of AISC, ACI, IBC, and OSHA codes.
Knowledge of construction materials and construction details and techniques.
Familiar with methods of procurement and control of bulk materials.
Knowledge of technical responsibilities of other disciplines associated with Facilities Design.
Ability to independently execute the detailed design of civil/structural systems of moderate complexity.
Thorough knowledge of engineering deliverables, such as drawings and specifications.
Ability to express technical issues in a clear and concise manner, both written and verbally.
Experience in structural design, steel and concrete, in industrial, nuclear, nuclear waste and/or defense facilities.
Previous and/or DOD or DOE project experience.
Working knowledge of AutoCAD
Experience with Crea 4.0.
Ability to create and modify steel details in Tekla.