New opportunity! Apply direct or send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org!
Job Title: Supervisor-Paint
Responsible for achieving schedule, budget, and quality targets of the Paint Department through innovation and continuous improvement. Just as important is building a culture where Health and Safety is the main priority of all within the facility.
Reports to: Manufacturing Manager
- Lead a team of skilled painters, to prepare and spray complete container systems, vehicle systems and all associated material to the high standards expected by the business and customer.
- Working to engineering design data, paint specifications, and MIL Standards for specialist projects to meet the business and customer expectations.
- Take a proactive role to support the Manufacturing Manager ensuring that all projects are delivered on time, within budget and to the highest quality standard.
- Ensure paint shop processes and procedures are maintained.
- Implement and support a culture of continuous improvement. Encourage recommendations to improve productivity, quality and Health and Safety from your department.
- Ensure equipment and tooling required is available and maintained.
- Scheduling, payroll time sheets, vacation and absence tracking, onboarding, training, coaching and feedback on employee performance and behaviors issues, headcount planning and performance management.
- Other duties as assigned by the Manufacturing Manager.
- A University Degree or College Diploma in a related field, or equivalent experience/knowledge gained through other forms of education or training.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Commercial, Military or Motor Vehicle Paint Spraying industry.
- Knowledge of 2 PACK, water based and solvent-based paint systems and airless and HVLP spray equipment.
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing.
- Competent understanding of paint methods and processes and the ability to read paint specification data.
- Experience mentoring, training and/or coaching.
- Experience working in a ISO9001 certified manufacturing facility or company.
- Proven experience in a supervisory role, managing work in a safe and efficient manner.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, strong interpersonal skills, superior organizational abilities, and excellent computer skills.
- Must be eligible to meet requirements of export control and security regulations including Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP) and Canadian government security clearances.