Aircraft Maintenance Team Leader
The Aircraft Maintenance Team Leader is directly responsible for coordinating and supervising maintenance activities to ensure that aircraft are serviceable and meet operational requirements while adhering to Transport Canada and airworthiness standards.
Key Functions & Accountabilities:
- Coordinate and supervise maintenance activities to ensure aircraft airworthiness and operational readiness.
- Manage, plan, and control aircraft maintenance operations.
- Allocate and manage resources to meet the assigned workload and corporate schedule.
- Monitor and engage in Air to Ground VHF communication.
- Discuss and address delays, incidents, and issues with departments represented in the Station Operations Control Centre (STOC).
- Record delays, incidents, accidents, and maintenance-related messages in the required maintenance system.
- Collaborate with Maintenance Operations Control, System Operation Control, Operations Managers, and Hangar Team Leaders regarding incoming snags and aircraft faults.
- Coordinate messages from other departments represented in STOC.
- Communicate with Flight Operations at the departure gate to ensure the timely maintenance and serviceability of the aircraft.
- Place orders for parts and materials for operational reasons.
- Must hold a valid Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (AME) or equivalent certification.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team and prioritize team success.
- Willingness to work in shift-based schedules.
- Strong technical knowledge and familiarity with processes, procedures, and Information Technology Systems relevant to the specific work area.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a high-stress environment.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work independently.
- Thorough understanding of Line Maintenance aircraft check procedures is an asset.
- Proficiency with PC software, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, is an asset.