Candu Energy Inc. is looking to hire a Process-Design Engineering Manager for a full-time regular position. This manager provides functional and technical management for process-engineering (mechanical/chemical engineering design) activities for Nuclear Power Plants within a matrix organization.
- Provide functional management of a team of process engineers and analysts performing design, analysis, and procurement support for nuclear steam plant (NSP) process systems. This includes:
- Assigning team members to project teams and negotiating resource allocation with project managers to support project success and high staff utilization.
- Monitoring and evaluating staff development and performance, mentoring and training as appropriate to maintain and improve staff performance and department capability.
- Recommending, assisting with and managing improvements in engineering quality and work processes.
- Maintaining staff utilization and capability plans and updating senior management on their status and projected actions.
- Provide technical management of individuals and teams executing commercial and internal work packages and projects, some of which may be multi-disciplinary. This includes:
- Participating in the preparation of commercial proposals and approving the technical content of proposals prepared under their direction.
- Approving technical documents prepared by staff working under them.
- Planning and executing work consistent with quality, cost and schedule requirements.
- Removing barriers that would impact deliverables to meet project requirements and priorities, working with the assigned staff to find solutions and optimizations.
- Providing technical advice to staff and as appropriate subject matter expertise to staff and management.
- Working with marketing and other corporate groups to maintain and improve client relationships and offerings.
- Required qualifications:
- Registered Professional Engineer in a Province of Canada, qualified to seal mechanical and chemical engineering documents, or eligible to obtain such registration within 6 months of hiring.
- 8 years of CANDU technology experience including experience leading engineering teams.
- 3 years of experience managing and/or performing work under the ASME BPVC Section III, Division 1 and CSA N285.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Legal credentials to work in Canada.
- Additional, preferred qualifications:
- Engineering degree in Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Nuclear Engineering or Engineering Science.
- Registered Professional Engineer in the Province of Ontario, qualified to seal mechanical and chemical engineering documents.
Qualification within the last 5 years as a certifying engineer under ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code (BPVC), Section III, Appendix XXIII for Design Specifications and/or Overpressure Protection Reports.
Experience managing and/or performing work under the ASME B31 and B51 codes.
Three or more years of experience leading engineering teams.
Experience managing and/or performing multidisciplinary work with significant interfacing requirements with non-process disciplines, including licensing, safety analysis, civil, electrical/I&C, and process control.
Experience working in a nuclear facility licensed in Canada.
Willing to travel to and potentially work at Project sites to meet corporate needs (Note: the initial site location is at the Mississauga head office in Ontario. Periodic assignments of 6 months or more to project sites is expected).
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies http://www.snclavalin.com/
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.