• The Environmental Professional Level 3 is a fully qualified professional who applies theoretical and practical knowledge to provide environmental management services to successfully complete BC Hydro projects of high complexity safely, with quality, within budget, and on time.
Experience and Role Accountabilities
• A minimum fifteen (15) years of environmental or natural resource management work experience.
• Develop environmental work plans using combinations of and modifications to standard procedures and methods including interpreting project specifications and investigating environmental risk in design and the field to support BC Hydro’s environmental management objectives.
• Propose changes and make technical recommendations in plans and estimated costs, prepare progress reports, and manage work schedules to assist project or operations management to meet safety, cost, quality, and time objectives.
• Provide technical recommendations for use in project planning and design at public hearings and in public consultation programs including creating environmental impact statements and preparing and presenting expert testimony.
• Initiate, plan, and implement multi-disciplinary studies of impacts and environmental protection measures by developing terms of references, monitoring progress, and reviewing overall results to support BC Hydro’s ongoing operations. • Participate in confidential negotiations regarding mitigation and compensation programs.
• Participate in BC Hydro’s environmental management practice by conducting independent studies and analysis, exercising independent judgment in selecting and interpreting information, recommending safe environmental options, and making typical decisions related to standard methods and techniques.
• Manage complex environmental review processes for BC Hydro projects and operations by identifying, investigating, and resolving unusual design and field environmental problems including developing guidelines, modifying established guidelines and/or devising new approaches.
• Provide advanced and specialized environmental management support, advice, and recommendations to business teams at BC Hydro by using expert knowledge, training, and/or experience in environmental management to support successful completion of assigned projects.
• Establish and maintain meaningful relationships with internal clients and third parties by collaborating to define the scope of environmental services to be provided, providing environmental information, and investigating and resolving problems to support the implementation of projects and operations.
Education and Skills
• Bachelor’s degree in Science or Engineering
• Eligible for membership in professional association such as RP Bio, P. Geo., PMP, P. Eng. or equivalent
• Multi-disciplinary study and formal environmental assessment experience
• Advanced MS Office skills (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
• Advanced English skills for professional environment, written and spoken
Additional Experience and Role Accountabilities
• Manage large multi-disciplinary studies and regulatory processes such as federal or provincial environmental assessments.
• Manage the work and deliverables of discipline-specific subject matter experts.
A minimum fifteen (15) years of environmental or natural resource management work experience
Registered Professional With either ( College Of Applied Biologists/Engineers and Geoscientists BC)
Valid Class 5 drivers license or equivalent.
Occasional project specific travel.