Staff Simulation Engineering Professional
Develop and Enhance Models:
- Create model prototypes and improve existing solutions for various aircraft systems.
- Perform simulation and analysis activities to ensure accurate representation of aircraft behavior.
Requirements Formulation and Validation:
- Formulate and validate requirements to align with aircraft certification objectives.
Simulation Framework Design:
- Take ownership of features within the simulation framework and design new capabilities.
- Implement new models in the simulation engine using first principles, empirical data, and system identification techniques.
Avionics and Software Understanding:
- Gain a deep understanding of the vehicle's avionics, software architecture, GNC (Guidance, Navigation, and Control) algorithms, and simulation framework analysis tools.
- Develop new software tools using MATLAB while adhering to software architecture best practices.
Support for Testing Activities:
- Provide support for SIL (Software-in-the-Loop), HIL (Hardware-in-the-Loop), and flight test activities.
- Diagnose anomalies and resolve issues to ensure the success of testing efforts.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Aeronautical/Aerospace Engineering or a related field.
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant experience.
- Modeling and simulating aircraft flight dynamics, aerodynamics, flight controls, GNC, and aircraft systems (at least 5 years).
- Developing 6-DoF (Six Degrees of Freedom) simulation models to support aircraft design, testing, and certification.
- Simulation and physical modeling.
- MATLAB programming and Simulink modeling.
- Designing, implementing, and analyzing physics-based aviation models and simulation environments.
- Developing and validating aerodynamic databases based on CFD or wind tunnel data and updating them to match flight test data for certification.
- Familiarity with aircraft sensors, including accelerometers, gyros, magnetometers, GPS, pressure transducers, etc.
- In-depth knowledge of fixed-wing and rotorcraft aerodynamics and aircraft flight dynamics.
- Experience in the design, development, testing, and certification of flight simulators.
- Proficiency in interpolation methods and response surface development for aerodynamic data.
- Understanding of Subpart B certification rules and means of compliance.
- Experience in certifying control systems with the aid of simulation.
- Knowledge of Model-Based Design (MBD) and MBSE (Model-Based Systems Engineering) tools and methodologies.
- Experience with Simscape physical modeling tools.
- Proficiency in developing and optimizing Monte Carlo simulation capabilities.
- Knowledge of state estimation and control theory.