Back to jobs
Simulation Engineering Professional - Subsystem Modeler
- Lead the design, development, validation, and deployment of advanced simulations for various applications.
- Cultivate and enhance departmental expertise in subsystem modeling.
- Collaborate with internal customers to identify simulation system requirements and deliver critical tools/capabilities for product development.
- Work with agile teams to manage the development backlog, ensuring the needs of internal groups/IPTs are met.
- Define and fulfill long-term simulation requirements, including certification aspects of the simulation platform.
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline with 10+ years of relevant experience.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in dynamic system modeling, preferably in a real-time simulation environment.
- Proficiency in C/C++ 11, Matlab/Simulink, and Python.
- Experience with three-dimensional dynamics: reference frames, DCMs, etc.
- Proficient in both Windows and Linux environments.
- Experience in writing software tests.
- Knowledge of software validation procedures.
- Experience with HIL/SIL simulations and test environments.
- Strong software architecture design and development skills.
- Creative problem-solving approach.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Advanced degree in Aerospace Engineering.
- Proficiency in modern C++ (17 forward), CMake experience.
- Experience conforming with FMI.
- Exposure to Docker and Docker Compose.
- Experience with protocol buffers.
- Ability to work effectively in a dynamic environment.
- Familiarity with cloud technologies (GCP, AWS, Azure).
- Familiarity with scaling simulation applications in a cloud environment.
- Prior experience with DO-178, DO-254, or similar certification standards.
- Familiarity with MBSE and MBD tools and methodologies.
- Prior experience with the design, development, test, and certification of Flight Simulation Training Devices (FSTDs).