Number of Vacancies: 4
Duration: 1 year
Location: Pickering Generating Station (1675 Montgomery Park Rd. Pickering)
Hours: Up to 35 hours per week
Support Pickering Maintenance organization in the following areas:
- Perform interviewing/hiring activities in consultation with the recruitment team.
- Single point of contact for all potential candidates during the interview process.
- Single point of contact for selected candidates to facilitate the onboarding process.
- First point of contact throughout the recruitment and onboarding processes.
- Organize interviews in consultation with the recruitment team.
- Complete work history checks / work experience checks.
- Coordination with training groups to ensure initial training requirements are setup.
- Provide updates as required to stakeholders on hiring statuses or processes.
- Support other onboarding needs such as computer access, proximity card, dosimetry, locker, PPE, safety boots, timesheet, etc.
- Provide an overview of OPG for new hires (review of organizational charts, review various departments and how they would interact with those departments such as Operations, Work Control, Engineering, or Human Resources, etc.)
- Coordinate a meet and greet with the crew that the new hires are supporting.
- Review, Disposition and Evaluation of adverse conditions for Maintenance.
- Technical writing and reporting of self-assessment activities, benchmarking activities and evaluation of external operating experience.
- Prepare presentations for station meetings.
- Produce surveys and analyze survey data for Maintenance managers.
- Other duties as required.
- Successful completion of a four year university education in a technical field of study preferably or by having the equivalent level of education.
- Previous work experience in the nuclear industry is an asset.
- Highly proficiency in use of computers and the associated Microsoft Office applications.
- Strong technical writing and communication skills.