Our client Marshall Land Systems specializes in the design and production of deployable operational infrastructure and mission support for humanitarian, defence and security operations across the globe. Take a look at the site below to learn more about their new operation in Moncton, New Brunswick ! To find out how you could be involved in this exciting new project, take a look at our latest roles here https://lnkd.in/dmR3P356
We are hiring a Fitter A-Electrical for Marshall Land System facility in Moncton, NB. Apply direct or send your updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Title: Fitter A - Electrical
• Electrical Fitters (A) are responsible for the installation of cabling, wiring, and electro-mechanical components into deployable shelters. They are also responsible for testing completed shelters for functionality and inspecting the electrical installation work completed by other employees. In addition to mechanical skills, the Fitter A, Electrical is expected to train and mentor other employees.
Reports to: Supervisor – Components & Assembly
• Assemble, install and test electrical components into deployable shelters using engineering drawings and associated design data.
• Read schematic drawings and service manuals to determine work procedures.
• Operate standard equipment including but not limited to various testing tools
- Able to assemble and install component pieces using hand and power tools.
• Adhere to all Health and Safety and Quality policies and procedures
• Train, develop and mentor other employees.
• Inspect electrical assembly work of other employees, ensuring the work meets established codes and best practices.
• Participate in the creation of job instructions, operating procedures.
• Participate in continuous improvement activities.
• Other duties as assigned by the Supervisor – Components & Assembly
- Red Seal Electrician trade certification.
- Minimum three years’ experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience with electrical, and controls are preferred.
- Willing to learn other international electrical codes and practices
- Must be well organized, self-motivated and results oriented, to ensure work assignments are completed in a timely manner.
- Able to deal with and support change.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills;
- Understanding of lean manufacturing principles including 5S, Kanban and SMED
- Attention to detail.
- Able to build trust and respect among fellow team members.
- Knowledge of computer software such as Microsoft Excel/Word, Outlook.
- Available to work overtime as required.
- Must be eligible to meet requirements of export control and security regulations including Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP) and Canadian government security clearances.