Role: Human Resources Business Partner
Location: Chalk River, ON - Relocation is required
Requirements Summary: 7+ years' employee relations, performance management, organizational development, succession planning, total rewards, HR systems and recruitment within a unionized environment.
- Grounded in a strong business acumen, the HR Consultant is a strategic business partner that demonstrates innovation, leadership and possess exceptional advisory skills that are ideally suited to A large, complex and matrixed environment.
- In addition to providing first-level consultative services and support to the various business units of the organization, the HR Consultant will be responsible for the implementation and execution of HR programs including, employee/labour relations, performance management, succession planning and organizational change.
- The HR Consultant will anticipate key business issues and will act as the change agent, enabling the success of our business units.
- Provide Support to Management in HR related programs and processes
- Coach and support the business leaders on understanding, communicating and following up on employee engagement and enablement plans, providing consultative expertise and proactive advice to management on organizational and HR matters relating to employee/labour relations, performance management, organizational development and succession planning
- Adapt and execute best practices in all HR functions to enable a high-performing workforce that contributes to the organization's strategic growth;
- Participate in organizational development plans and ensuring corporate consistency
- Support the careers of key /high potential individuals ensuring their engagement and retention
- Lead and partner with management for effective succession planning.
- Provide human resources policy information and interpretations to collective agreements and/or legislation to internal customers on human resources matters including but not limited to relocation, compensation, recruitment and terms and conditions of employment.
- Provide advice and service to management on employee relations, performance management issues and disability management
- Subject matter expert on HR policies and processes in order to facilitate compliance and application in a fair and consistent manner across all.
- Be the advisor or coach in difficult situations to guide the managers on how to solve the situation.
- Conduct investigations
- Lead the first steps in the grievance process
- Perform other duties as required
- Degree or diploma from a college or university program in the field of Human Resources or Business
- Administration or a related field. An Hr certification is an asset
- CHRP Designation would be an asset
- 7-10 years of related Human Resources work experience or the equivalent in education and experience.
- Experienced level knowledge across human resources management disciplines including but not limited to employee relations, performance management, organizational development, succession planning, total rewards, HR systems and recruitment.
- Experience in a fast pace changing environment managing conflicting priorities
- Experience working in a unionized environment.
Abilities and Skills
- Demonstrated team leadership skills where success was achieved through use of influence techniques.
- Advanced relationship management abilities with ability to develop and maintain relationships with individuals at all position levels.
- Demonstrated ability to recognize "silo" behaviours and effectively coach functions to reduce/eliminate such behaviours.
- Ability to explain complex statistical concepts to non-technical team members and customers.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines.
- Outstanding organizational skills and oral and written communication capabilities.
- Strong computer skills. Intermediate level capability in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and working knowledge of HCMS.
- Highly self-motivated and team player. Comfortable performing duties based on broad general direction and minimal oversight and willing to work cooperatively with others.
- Advanced facilitation skills
- Demonstrated reliability and commitment necessary to meet strict deadlines.
- Strong organizational and advisory skills. Ability to establish priorities, defines action plans, and monitor performance.
- Ability to define and manage improvement projects and special initiatives with limited guidance.