Mission Systems Manager - Montreal, QC
As a Mission Systems Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing and coordinating the operation, maintenance, and deployment of a fleet of mission-critical systems and equipment. You will work closely with cross-functional teams to ensure the efficient and effective management of the fleet, ensuring that mission objectives are achieved within budgetary and operational constraints. This role requires strong organizational skills, technical knowledge, and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Develop and implement strategic plans for the management and operation of mission systems fleet.
- Coordinate and oversee the deployment, maintenance, and repair of mission systems and equipment to ensure maximum availability and operational readiness.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to define fleet requirements, including mission objectives, budgetary considerations, and operational constraints.
- Conduct regular inspections and audits to assess the condition of mission systems, identify potential issues, and ensure compliance with regulatory standards and safety protocols.
- Develop and implement preventive maintenance schedules to minimize downtime and maximize the lifespan of mission systems.
- Manage inventory levels, including tracking and replenishing spare parts and consumables required for mission systems maintenance and operations.
- Monitor and analyze fleet performance metrics, including availability, reliability, and cost-effectiveness, and recommend process improvements or corrective actions as necessary.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with vendors and suppliers to ensure the timely delivery of equipment, parts, and services.
- Provide technical guidance and support to field personnel during mission system operations and troubleshooting activities.
- Stay up to date with industry trends, technological advancements, and regulatory changes that may impact mission systems fleet management.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science, or a related field. Relevant certifications or equivalent work experience will also be considered.
- Proven experience in managing and maintaining mission-critical systems, preferably in a defense or aerospace industry.
- Strong technical knowledge of mission systems and associated equipment, including but not limited to radars, communication systems, sensors, and surveillance systems.
- Solid understanding of fleet management principles, including asset tracking, maintenance planning, and inventory control.
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams and build relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Knowledge of relevant regulations and safety standards governing mission systems operations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Willingness to travel occasionally for field inspections and to support