Contract Title: Software Developer
Contract Duration: 06/01/2021 to 05/31/2022
Hours: Monday-Friday 40hr/week 8:00AM - 5:00PM
Location: Concord, ON
* Develops software.
* Reviews relevant requirements, standards and other documentation to clarify and understand software engineering requirements.
* Estimates own work and provides such estimates to Team Leader or Project Manager
* As part of development performs unit testing to ensure delivery quality
* Presents technical findings and developments.
* Adheres to the software development process through the execution of module, subsystem and system test procedures.
* Participates actively in both hardware and software component selection
The ideal candidate will have experience in many of the following areas:
* C/C++ programming for embedded systems and hands-on development skills using Linux or similar OS
* Experience developing software for Embedded Operating Systems (VxWorks, uC/OS, Linux etc.)
* Understanding of OS thread scheduling (RTOS and Linux) and IPC
* Experience developing software for custom ICs and associated SDKs
* Experience with Ethernet technology (MAC and Physical layers), Ethernet switching and IP routing
* Layer 2/3 switch-fabrics (Marvel and/or Broadcom ASIC, PHY, MDIO interface) or wireless chipsets
* Experience Debugging and optimization of control-path and data-path execution flows
Additional "nice to have" strengths in the following areas:
* Experience with L2 switching and/or L3 forwarding and routing protocols
* Layer 2 LAN protocols RSTP, IEEE 802.1X, IGMP, GVRP, VLAN
* Knowledgeable with standard TCP/IP protocols such as ARP, ICMP, UDP, GRE, etc.,
* Object oriented design experience