Position: Solutions Architect
Location: 20 Floral Parkway Concord, ON L4K 4R1
Salary: $100 - 120K/YR.
The Solution Architect is a high impact position that will play a critical role in pursuit of new business in the utility sector through development of targeted Smart Grid solutions materials, proposals, demos, presentations and white board workshops. The ideal candidate should both be highly self-driven and self-capable in high pressure situations in front of customers as well as becoming a strong team player, proactively offering best practices, technology and competitive insights to other team members, and tapping into other team member deep expertise when needed to best position Trilliant solutions.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- As a member of the Canada team, you will work closely with Sales and the Managing Director to define critical customer requirements and help on how best to position Trilliant offerings.
- Work closely with Marketing, Business Development and other Solution Architect team members to define and deliver compelling field demonstration scenarios, technical presentations and workshop materials for use with customers.
- Will work closely with Product Management and Engineering to obtain deep understanding of current product capabilities and roadmap for use in demos with Sales, customers and partners.
Direct customer support:
- With guidance from the Managing Director, will prepare and present demos, workshops and other technical materials direct to customers and prospects.
- Will work directly with customers to help define the optimal solution architecture to meet the customer's objectives.
- Support for product evaluations at customer facilities involving product demonstrations and lab validation of core capabilities.
- Provide demonstration and other support for partners that may include system integrators, distribution automation vendors and other partners in the Smart Grid ecosystem.
Technical proposal response development:
- Work closely with Sales to understand customer nuances and bid strategy associated with proposals that may be global opportunities.
- Reads, interprets and summarizes to the broader team the technical requirements of proposals, tenders and bid requests
- Drive overall technical solution to best meet RFP and customer requirements.
- Will work closely with Product Management and Engineering to obtain deep understanding of current product capabilities and roadmap for use as appropriate in proposals and other customer facing materials.
- Lead role in producing proposals and bid responses, ensuring all material developed by the proposal response team conveys a consistent and compelling solution message in alignment with the identified proposal objectives.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent communication skills
- Must have a very solid working knowledge of how network products and software work
- Strong knowledge of wireless technologies a requirement
- Experience within Utility market and Smart Grid applications highly desired
- Must learn to be very proficient with all Trilliant's products including communications equipment, end-point devices and head-end software applications.
- Ability to work effectively with the many different functional areas within the organization and with outside customers and partners
- Capable of working under tight deadlines, with the capacity to work on several projects concurrently
- Ability to adapt and react to dynamic scheduling, and the ability to work extended hours when necessary
- Excellent written and oral communication skills (in both English and Spanish) with the ability to understand and communicate technical concepts in both languages.
- Highly self-motivated, self-direct and attentive to detail
- Highly proficient in MSWord, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, Visio, MPP to produce reports, presentations, correspondence and a variety of other materials 5-7 years sales experience, Electric Utilities market required
Credentials and Experience
- 7+ years in a technical sales, product management or other technical role within an aligned technical field/industry is required.
- 3+ years in the utility industry and/or Smart Grid related experience is a plus
- An engineering or technical degree is required.