Job Title: Process Mechanical Design Engineer - CONTRACT
Location: University Avenue, Toronto
Hours: Up to 37.5 hours basic work week
Role type: Contractor
Number required: 3 / Junior/Intermediate/Senior
Contract duration: 6 months to 12 months
1. Plan and manage approved projects to ensure work is completed on schedule and budget to
required quality standards
2. Supervise technical staff who perform experimental work.
3. Develop and maintain contacts with client organizations; regularly discuss status of projects and emerging issues
4. Assist in developing proposals for internal and external customers.
5. Act as a technical support for Department Manager and others in the department.
6. Assist in the negotiation and administration of contracts, including cost estimates, schedule, and resources required. Carry out customers' work and prepare reports with recommendations based on results achieved.
7. Keep informed of the latest technical developments and techniques through participation in related industry associations and research planning committees, attendance at conferences and prepare technical papers and articles
8. Perform other duties as required
Essential Knowledge, Experience and Qualifications:
1. A four-year university education in Mechanical or Process Engineering plus a minimum of four or
more years further work in the chemical process industry.
2. Must be a Registered Engineer in the Province of Ontario.
3. Must have demonstrated knowledge and/or experience in one or more of:
* Mechanical process design in the areas of unit operations such as heat exchangers,
dryers, distillation, gas and liquid pumping
* Strong knowledge of welding of high integrity piping systems
* Equipment design to be placed on Skids
* Nuclear waste encapsulation and containment
* Modeling of chemical process operations
* Chemical and metallurgical analysis of piping and systems in the nuclear area
* ASME VIII and ASME B31.3
4. Ability to engage with Designers, Drafters and Modelers working with Solidworks (or similar) models and simulations such to prepare shop fabrication drawings, ISO drawings, process equipment layout drawings
5. Knowledge of and experience in the development of novel chemical process plants
6. Basic knowledge of the operating principals of nuclear power plants
7. Demonstrated strong customer skills and capabilities to run research programs for customers on
time and on budget
8. Demonstrated ability to be flexible in areas of work and the ability to work in a team environment.
9. Strong computer skills
10. Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively on a scientific level as well as directly to customers
11. A period of at least 5 years work experience is considered necessary to gain this experience.