Back to jobs
Number of Vacancies: 2
Duration: 1 year
Location: Darlington Energy Complex & Refurbishment Project Office, Courtice, Ontario
Hours: up to 35 hours per week
- Support the role of a modification team leader (MTL), Field Team Leader (FTL) and/or Series Lead in support of the Refurbishment Islanding project.
- Complete and/or assist in the following activities associated with modifications:
- Project installation & commissioning planning
- Installation & commissioning
- Operations acceptance
- Temporary Modification removal and closeout
- Examples of potential work areas include fuel load, containment leak rate testing, containment button up modifications, airlock restoration activities, bulkhead and associated isolations modifications for subsequent Refurbishment outage lead in and lead out activities.
- Support the Project and/or Engineering Section Manager in department initiatives.
- Perform or assist in series lead work associated with other vendor’s quality assurance programs.
- Lead and act independently in ensuring modification’s associated the Containment / Islanding bundle are executed successfully.
- Frequently interface with various stakeholder groups, including Engineering, Operations, Maintenance, and Contract Partners/Vendors.
- Bachelors Degree in Mechanical, Nuclear, or Other Applicable Engineering.
- Able to take initiative.
- Must be able to work in larger teams.
- Strong communication skills.
- Nuclear working experience.
- Working experience with an Engineering Change Control (e.g. N-PROC-MP-0090, OPG Risk based Modification Process) or other Design Process.
- Familiar with Work management, Cost Control, and/or Outage Scoping Processes.
- OPG Orange badge qualified is a preferred asset.
- OPG Security Clearance is a preferred asset.