Back to jobs
22-063 - Business Analyst
22-063 - Business Analyst
Number of Vacancies: 1
Duration: 2 years
Location: 889 Brock Rd., Pickering
Hours: up to 35 hours per week
- Provide business and financial advice to the FLM (First Line Manager) and Department Manager staff within the accountabilities of the Department.
- Carry out analysis related to the business planning, budgeting, performance and cost reporting, financial/accounting processes, procedures and systems, benchmarking, including regulatory reporting, variance explanations and year end projections.
- Support integrity and timeliness of financial and performance information to meet reporting and management requirements.
- Provide regular reports on business performance measures including analysis of actual results or targets and measures in place. Investigates and resolves problems in the Department financial and performance areas.
- Collaborates with stakeholders internal to the Business Unit. Support business and financial and related systems skill training within the Department.
- Assist Department Manager in analyzing work processes with a view to improving them to make them more efficient and effective.
- Other Duties as Required.
- Requires varying skills sets to accommodate each function, however should encompass academic subjects of financial accounting practices, principles, and concepts, management accounting and control, audit, financial management including planning, budgeting and performance reporting, decision support systems, business economics, business policy, process benchmarking, information systems and relevant computer skills.
- Requires good interpersonal skills and knowledge of communication techniques. This knowledge is considered to be normally acquired through the completion of 4 years of University training (Grade XII plus 5 years), or by having the equivalent level of education.
- Requires advanced level of proficiency in MS Excel, experience in MS PowerBI, Tableau or similar software is an asset.
- Requires practical application in the field of financial management and/or in the operation of business processes and systems including associated computer systems.
- Demonstrated experience in one or two of the following areas: accounting services, financial systems, performance reporting or benchmarking.
- Requires knowledge of financial and operational performance reporting principles and processes at a level to be able to contribute to the production of information and interpretations of results.
- Requires good verbal and written communication skills.
- Requires demonstrated analytical, problem solving and decision making skills. A period of over 4 years and up to and including 6 years is considered necessary to gain this experience.