Back to jobs
23-031 Project Leader
23-031 Project Leader
Number of Vacancies: 1
Hourly Rate: $70 - 82/hour
Duration: 2 years
Hours: up to 40 hours per week
- Be responsible for the management and control of specialized, complex project(s) which support business requirements, ensuring the management of employee accountability and ownership through effective project leadership.
- Undertake the organizing, coordinating and ownership of all stages of the project, including concept design, construction, installation, commissioning, system integration and field work, on a day or shift basis as required.
- Utilize approved Project Management processes for phase-gating, integration, scope, schedule, cost, change control, estimating, communications & reporting, and risk.
- Manage the engineering, procurement, and construction of assigned projects ensuring all project objectives and commitments are controlled and delivered within targets of safety, quality, budget and schedule.
- Provide leadership to project staff "assigned" to assist in the preceding duties
- Create and maintain a work environment that motivates, supports and encourages staff to perform their assigned responsibilities in a professional, effective and efficient manner, in line with our culture of continuous improvement to deliver fit for purpose solutions.
- Act as a coach and facilitator to create and sustain a non-threatening, supportive, team environment, actively working with staff to empower them to attain optimal work performance with a high level of personal accountability and self-management.
- Demonstrate openness and trust through the sharing of information. Handle routine human resource problems.
- Provide clear expectations of performance measures and meaningful feedback, recognizing and rewarding achievements.
- Provide input regarding performance reviews of project staff to their direct Supervisor.
- Provide guidance, assistance and support to staff in the resolution of personal problems, and establish and maintain a healthy and safe work environment that improves and enhances the quality of the work environment.
- Coordinate the work of the project and provide consultative services on their problem areas. Review staff requirements and recommend changes to project staff as necessary.
- Prepare a framework which identifies, defines and documents all issues that are important to the success of the designated project.
- Prepare project management plans in which detailed aspects of the project include, goals/objectives, organization, scope, cost and schedule, and roles and responsibilities.
- Develop scopes of work, ie Work Breakdown Structure (WBS), estimates, schedules, risk management plans, project management plans, gate packages and contract performance specifications.
- Develop structures for estimating and controlling project cost and schedule. Monitor project(s) and report to Supervisor, at the project level.
- Ensure that all participants clearly understand the requirements, roles and scope of the project, thereby promoting the teambuilding process.
- Highlight areas of support, resources and timeliness in order to ensure project success.
- Resolve and assist with the resolution of issues and problems as necessary to ensure that project deliverables are achieved as per plan, and that any changes to scope, schedule and cost are managed and approved.
- Nuclear Experience
- Maintenance Experience
- Engineering background
- P.ENG., PMP are assets
- Requires experience in planning and development aspects of with generating station design and associated components is an asset
- Requires experience to solve problems, provide guidance and initiate studies, designs and economic forecasts.
- Requires experience to understand the interrelationship(s) of various internal and external groups in order to facilitate objectives..
- Requires experience to be able to provide functional advice and guidance and interpretations of engineering programs, standards and procedures.
- Requires experience in project management to comprehend, interpret and apply procedures, practices and standards affiliated with related project.