23-072 Work Control Team Lead
Number of Vacancies: 4
Hourly Rate: $60 - 75/hour
Duration: 2 years
Location: RPO Darlington, 1 Holt Road Bowmanville ON
Hours: up to 40 hours per week
Please note this contract position requires the worker to provide services over 44 hours a week. Please only submit worker who are able to meet the contract requirements.
Effective, efficient management and control of activities that support Operation and Maintenance, generated as a result of the Work Management processes.
- Direct the development and implementation of assigned Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) including resolving schedule conflicts.
- Responsible for controlling work scope, organizing, executing, reviewing, and deciding upon all planned activities and resource requirements.
- Accountable for short- and long-term impact of work performance on station for assigned WBS.
- Plan, organize, coordinate, and maintain status on all preparatory or ongoing requirements of the work plan/ schedule.
- Responsible for providing direction on schedule priorities to all work groups, including contractors. Monitor for work failing to meet schedule, and direct corrective action.
- Provide effective leadership at daily status meetings in order to control, maintain and update work plan/ schedule.
- Be accountable for monitoring the work being performed to completion, as scheduled. Maintain an awareness of the status of all jobs on the plan. Be accountable for reporting on status to Management at all times.
- Conduct a project/schedule post-mortem. Identify significant events, analysis of the schedule accomplishments, problems and suggested corrective actions.
- Maximize overall equipment availability and reliability.
- Perform risk assessments and identify risk management activities. This includes nuclear safety risk, generation risk, reactivity risk and radiological risk.
- 2 to 8+ years of experience in planning, estimating, cost control and risk management of projects in Nuclear, Construction, Heavy Industrial, Oil and Gas and/or related fields;
- Extensive experience working with Primavera P6 (P6) is an asset.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Proven ability to manage projects under strict timelines, work well in a demanding, dynamic, and complex environment.
- Critical thinker with strong problem-solving skills.
- Strong planning, managerial, influencing and leadership skills.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Strong listening skills and interpersonal skills.