Back to jobs
Business Process Analyst
Duration: 3 years
Location: Courtice, ON - On Site
- Provide SCR coordination support for select groups as required.
- Assisting in the development of CAPs.
- Alerting line management of emerging issues that need to be addressed and recommend actions.
- Reviewing all Station Condition Records (SCRs), including those closed by First Line Managers (FLMs), for correctness of disposition and efficacy of CAP. Notify line management of any changes required and confirm SCR has been correctly dispositioned
- Assigning SCR trend codes.
- Facilitating screening meetings, management review meetings (MRMs), and / or Corrective Action Review Boards (CARBs),as required.
- Coordinating, performing, or leading self-assessments, and assisting client managers in creating and managing an integrated assessment schedule (e.g. self-assessments, Safety Culture assessments, audits, external reviews, etc).
- Work with line organizations to assist in providing CAP programmatic oversight, including monitoring the status, quality and progress of work as required.
- Lead and/or support analysis as required to develop corrective actions through, but not limited to, Apparent Cause Analysis.
- Prepare and make oral and written presentations related to the Corrective Action Program to all stratum levels.
- Work with and coach EO Managers and SCR Coordinators on coding and trending.
- Prepare new or revise CAP- and/or PI-related controlled documents consistent with operating licenses, policies,
principles, department standard practices, standing instructions, etc. Submit for review and approval.
- Prepare reports to provide information and data in answer to internal or external requests or for historical purposes. Initiate studies or investigations where opportunities for improvement are apparent. In some instances, these opportunities may be identified by the Supervisor. Collect, or arrange for collection, and analyze data from past events or operations. Prepare reports, for distribution to various groups, outlining technical details of procedures, processes, results, or conclusions. The foregoing may include delivery of presentations. Provide explanations and answers to questions received from recipients of reports.
- Participate in training programs to further own development and assist in the development of others. Attend lectures, do assignments, and write examinations.
- Provide subject matter expertise and guidance to the line organizations in the use of CAP- and/or PI-related IT applications. Act as SPOC for IT service providers for CAP- and/or PI-related IT applications.
- Coordinate preparation of performance metrics, ensuring there is factual and objective reporting of performance. Trend and analyze data to identify precursors to problems and to improve project performance.
- Assess and report on organizational climate within client departments (behaviours, culture, survey results, etc.). Facilitate and/or conduct workshops to assess and identify opportunities to improve and persuade and/or influence to produce desired change.
- Requires knowledge of Performance Improvement, Operations, Maintenance, Engineering and/or project principles and practices and the application thereof, to exercise sound technical skills in the evaluation and investigation of issues associated with nuclear generating facilities and projects.
- Requires knowledge of English in order to prepare clear and concise reports and recommendations both verbally and in writing.
- This level of knowledge is normally acquired by successful completion of a post secondary diploma / degree in an appropriate engineering, human performance or similar technical / communications field.
- Requires experience with performance improvement (corrective action program).
- Requires experience to become familiar with Nuclear projects, and to be able to understand and appreciate plant system(s) and equipment, operations, administration, maintenance, technical support functional requirements and the importance of same with regards to the safe operation of the facility.