CANDU Simulator Trainers
Location: Romania, Cernavodă Nuclear Power Plant
Duration: 4 years (6 month on-site contract durations)
Hourly Rate: $150/hour
Included with Package:
2. Relocation Allowance
3. Local Accommodation
4. Meal Allowance
5. Local Transportation
6. Tax Support and Advice
Scope of Work
- The required training services must cover the Simulator and the classroom training for the initial authorization and re-authorization of the operating personnel with CNCAN authorization requirements.
Simulator Instructors must deliver classroom and Full Scope Simulator training, developing training activities in specific areas for authorized personnel:
- Design, development and implementation of training programs for initial authorization and continuous training.
- Development of detailed charts, plans, programs, and lists of activities required for the implementation of training programs for operating personnel.
- Delivery and evaluation of the courses required for the authorized personnel training.
- Development of scenarios for the Simulator training and evaluation of the authorized personnel.
- Full-Scope Simulator training in all aspects of plant operation for the authorized personnel
- Analysis of the operating personnel performances at the simulator and identifying the solutions for addressing the deficiencies.
- Development and administration of internal theoretical and practical tests to verify the way the candidates have mastered their training objectives.
- Validation of the operational procedures at the simulator and proposing solutions for any discovered deficiency.
- Providing remedial solutions if the expected training standards are not met by the candidates.
- Preparation of training reports as required by the plant processes.
- Support in the process of selection and promotion of operating personnel.
- Support in events / accidents analysis and providing solutions to problems.
- Including internal and external OPEX in the training activities.
- Training / development of new simulator instructors by carrying out mentoring activities.
- Optimization and improvement of the delivered programs by aligning them with the latest industry standards.
- Support training activities for operation personnel, required by Cernavoda NPP management.
- Evaluating the effectiveness and the implementation mode of the training programs of the operating personnel.
The subject matter experts proposed by the bidder will be internally qualified within Cernavoda NPP and authorized by the CNCAN regulatory body for the position of simulator instructor. For this, the subject matter experts will follow a training program for one month, for familiarization with the Cernavoda NPP simulator, specific procedures and norms. This program will contain on-the-job training that will be achieved mainly by participating in ongoing training programs as a support instructor for an authorized instructor. The participation of experts in this training program is considered part of the services.
- Start Date: within 60 days of Contract Award
- Duration: 4 years (open to short assignments)
Requirement Candidates to Meet
The minimum requirements for the required experts:
- Have an experience of min. 3 years in the last 10 years as a Simulator Instructor in a CANDU Power Plant in CANADA, classified at the industry excellence level based on the applicable INPO/WANO standards, specifically involved in the preparation for the initial authorization or the continuous training of the authorized personnel;
- Have been authorized to operate a CANDU NPPs;
- Have been certified as a Simulator Instructor in a CANDU NPPs;