Estimated Work Start Date01-Sep-2022
Estimated Work End Date01-Sep-2023
Location of Services: Burnaby, BC - Edmonds/Hybrid 2 days in office
Hourly Rate: $70 - 78/hour
• The Construction Manager Level 2 leads the construction of one or more large projects with high complexity and diverse scope in support of completing projects safely, with quality, within budget, and on time.
Experience and Role Accountabilities
• A minimum nine (9) years of construction management experience or equivalent.
• Manage the allocation of materials, financial, and human resources by using excellent technical skills in construction methodologies, estimating, and contract management in support of delivering quality projects safely, within budget, and on time.
• Ensure work site safety by prioritizing the safe execution of work by performing and giving feedback on Safe Work Observations using excellent knowledge in safety standards and regulations to improve BC Hydro’s safety performance.
• Develop comprehensive mitigation plans by identifying, analyzing, and monitoring risks including reputational, environmental, safety, and indigenous relations for effective risk management throughout the project lifecycle.
• Contribute to stakeholder engagement by using excellent skills in communication, negotiation, and persuasive influencing so that projects are planned and implemented successfully.
• Respond appropriately to internal and third-party construction inquiries using good working knowledge of project management, engineering, and BC Hydro policies and procedures to maintain positive, collaborative relationships with stakeholders and First Nations.
• Act as a subject matter expert on committees and project teams to develop future capability at BC Hydro.
• Assist the project team by performing various construction support activities such as supporting the management of claims to successfully complete projects.
Education and Skills
• Bachelor’s degree in Civil, Electrical, or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
• Good working knowledge of project management
• Excellent working knowledge of safety standards and regulations such as Occupational Safety and Health (OSH) Standards and WorkSafe Regulations
• Advanced English skills for professional environment, written and spoken