Location: Bruce Power
Duration: 12 months
Rate: $50 - $80/Inc
Requirement: OPG DE Qual or OPG design experience + preliminary design, detail design, installation/commissioning and closeout experience. To deliver electrical engineering expertise to power generation utilities and other customers. The specific accountabilities of the position are as follows:
- To deliver I&C engineering expertise service to power generation utilities and other customers
- Provide I&C engineering design and analysis for nuclear and other industrial plants
- Provide a high level of expertise in one or more specific areas e.g. control instrumentation assessment/design/specification of equipment and components; etc
- Perform engineering change design and analysis following established change control procedures for conceptual, preliminary, and detailed design phases
- Prepare engineering specifications, change papers, calculations, and design bill of material
- Understand and assess client problems and determine appropriate means of solution. Manage projects and act as design team lead where appropriate. Interface effectively with other staff on multi-disciplinary projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical/I&C Engineering
- Proven track record in electrical design and analysis in electrical power distribution, including application to nuclear plants
- Strong knowledge of generating station power upgrades including necessary system protection/system stability and relaying
- Experience in performing condition assessments of electrical equipment such as transformers, breakers, switch gears, electric motors, motor control centers, generators and other power plant equipment
- In depth knowledge and experience of use of appropriate codes and standards, as applied to nuclear plant and conventional plants.
- Experience in project management and interfacing with and coordinating activities of multi-disciplinary teams.
- Knowledge of the life cycle management of electrical equipment.
- Familiarity with rigorous engineering change control processes and application of QA programs
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, and have demonstrated a high commitment to quality.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Experience in leading technical projects to successful conclusions.
- Good understanding of nuclear power plant design and operation.
- A Professional Engineer of Ontario (PEO), or eligible for PEO status, with a passion for engineering.
- Innovative, enthusiastic and ready to be part of our dynamic team.
- Knowledge and experience working with nuclear power plant (Bruce Power, OPG, NB Power or other) systems & processes, e.g. Engineering Change Control is an asset.
- OPG and Bruce Power Security Clearance is an asset
- Must have nuclear experience, could be OPG or BP or any other sites
- OPG Design engineer qualification preferred, but not a must
- Must have Ontario P. Eng