Engineer – Radiological Analysis - GEGOPA00132408
Duration: 9 Months
Location: Wilmington, NC (Remote)
Hourly Rate: $52 - 85/hour
Shift: Monday - Friday, Days
Projects: Project(s) Support (Name and Govt or Non-Govt) BWRX-300 Standard Plant and TVA (Non-Govt)
This contract scope if for performing and/or verifying Radiological calculations for the BWRX-300, including one or more of the following technical areas:
- Design Basis Accident (DBA) dispersion, dose consequence, and habitability analyse (experience with RADTRAD, GALE, XODOQ, MACCS is desirable)
- Source term development
- Perform and/or verify technical evaluations and provide technical support in the areas of DBA dose consequence, dispersion, and source term.
- Effectively communicate and coordinate activities with internal and external project managers, technical personnel, and customers on engineering/technical issues.
- Maintain and/or exceed baseline project schedule and cost in delivery of nuclear fuel reload engineering deliverables.
- Prepare, document and present technical data to internal and external customers.
- Ensure work is performed with high quality in accordance with NRC, CNSC, or other regulatory rules and regulations, customer requirements, and business quality assurance standards.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in engineering, physics, or closely related science discipline from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in nuclear radiological analysis, nuclear safety analysis and methods, or nuclear fuel, core, or plant design.
Additional Desired Characteristics
- Experience with BWR technology
- Knowledge of plant operational support
- Knowledge of reactor licensing requirements
- Experience with MCNP, SCALE, KENO, ORIGN, RADTRAD, GALE, and/or coupled Monte- Carlo/deterministic radiation transport methods
- Experience with BWR/PWR system codes such as TRACG, RELAP, TRACE and/or equivalent safety analysis system codes
- Object-oriented programming experience such as Java, C#, C++
- Demonstrated high energy and the ability to energize others
- Honest and straightforward with a high level of personal integrity
- Work easily and communicate effectively within a team environment
- Strong personal commitment and determination
- Detail oriented and accountable for results
- Exceptional organization skills
- Display a strong drive for continuous improvement
- Displays an engaging, can-do, optimistic attitude
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills