Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the Hardware Quality and Industrial Methods Engineer is responsible for driving improvements in manufacturability and serviceability for the products through their full lifecycle. This includes creating and using monitoring systems to ensure our design work progresses in line with our AS9100 quality system, and working with the design, service, and quality teams to reduce returns and improve overall quality.
A typical day includes:
• Work closely with design and production teams to ensure design and validation documentation meets or exceeds our internal AS9100 Quality processes, the product specific certification requirements and/or customer requirements.
• Drive continuous improvement of existing processes and actions to reduce returns by understanding and improving key quality drivers, such as improve design and/or optimize diagnosis processes.
• Drive/lead Root Cause and Correct Action (RCCA), Failure Analysis (FA) processes.
• Liaison with key stakeholders in the product design process; including but not limited to technical team members, production, quality, design approval representatives, Transport Canada, customers, program managers, sub-contractors, etc.
• Participate in compliance testing and witnessing of test and verification activities Perform Engineering Change Order (ECO) reviews and track deficiencies and areas for improvement.
• Perform First Article Inspections (FAI) to AS9102 requirements.
• Ensure adherence to quality system development processes and standards, peer review of system requirements and closing of formal reviews.
• Ensure adherence to engineering best practices and internal engineering processes and standards. BASIC
• Engineering Degree from an accredited University (Aerospace, Avionics, Computer or Electrical) or equivalent industry experience.
• 5 to 10 years of avionic product development experience
• 10 years’ experience in production environment and industrial methods of printed circuit board and electromechanical assemblies.
• Technical leadership skills and the ability to communicate effectively with interdisciplinary project teams.
• Demonstrated technical and creative problem-solving skills.
• Understanding of electrical, embedded software & avionics principles.
• Demonstrated knowledge of project and product lifecycle