Role: Organizational Change Management and Communications Lead
Duration: 12 month contract
Work Location: Hybrid, Chalk River and work from home
CNL is seeking a highly skilled and experienced Organizational Change Manager (OCM) and Communications Lead to oversee and manage the change management and communication efforts for a complex IWMS (Integrated Workplace Management System) Implementation Project. As the Change Manager and Communications Lead, you will be responsible for developing and executing a comprehensive change management and communication strategy to ensure a smooth and successful adoption of the new IWMS system across the organization. Your expertise in change management methodologies and your ability to influence and engage stakeholders will be instrumental in driving positive outcomes for this transformative project.
- Collaborate with other project stakeholders including the Vendor subject matter experts to assess change impact and organizational readiness. Develop a robust change management and communication strategy and framework tailored to the CNL needs and culture, addressing impact areas, adoption barriers, and stakeholder engagement throughout the implementation journey.
- Identify and analyze key CNL stakeholders, including impacted organizations their executives, management, end-users as well as external partners, to understand their perspectives, concerns, and potential resistance to change. Build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, including senior leaders, functional teams, and end-users to ensure that their expectations are met and that the project is implemented with minimum disruption.
- Develop all communication content through online platforms (Social Media, Organization’s newsletter, intranet site, etc…). Manage the relationship with Corporate Communications and utilize all of the available tools to ensure constant and consistent communications are delivered at all project levels. Assist with the development, delivery of communication materials
- Conduct thorough change impact assessments to understand how the IWMS implementation will affect different departments, workflows, and roles. Develop mitigation strategies to address any negative impacts and maximize positive outcomes. Establish metrics and benchmarks to measure user adoption and organizational readiness for the new IWMS system. Monitor adoption rates and address any adoption challenges through targeted interventions.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive change management plan, which will include strategies for managing stakeholder expectations, training and communication, as well as process improvement initiatives to ensure that the project is successfully adopted by all stakeholders.
- Drive adoption and utilization by leading adoption and utilization efforts to ensure that the project is fully adopted by all stakeholders and that the IWMS is used effectively to support business processes and operations.
- Closely collaborate with the other members of the project team to ensure that the change management plan aligns with the project schedule and budget, and that the project is delivered on time and within budget. Specifically work closely with the Training Team to design and implement training and learning programs that equip end-users with the knowledge and skills needed to effectively use the IWMS system. Provide ongoing support to users during the learning process.
- Measure and evaluate the effectiveness of change management by regularly measuring and evaluating the effectiveness of change management efforts and make adjustments as necessary to ensure that the project is successfully adopted by all stakeholders. Gather feedback from stakeholders and use data-driven insights to improve change management initiatives throughout the project.
- Identify risks and issues based on the user experience and ability to change. Provide coaching, resistance management, and change reinforcement management by continually gauging individual levels of understanding and acceptance. Provide regular status updates.
- Bachelor's degree in Organizational Development, Change Management, Human Resources, or related field.
- 5+ years of experience as an Organization Change Manager, leading large-scale projects.
- Proven experience in leading organizational change management efforts for complex projects, preferably in technology implementations or business transformation initiatives.
- Strong understanding of change management methodologies, theories, and best practices.
- Certified Change Management Professional (CCMP) or Prosci Change Management certification is required.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively influence stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to assess organizational culture, anticipate potential resistance, and tailor change management approaches accordingly.
- Proven track record of successfully driving user adoption and change readiness in a dynamic and evolving environment.
- Experience with Integrated Workplace Management Systems (IWMS), Enterprise Asset Management System (EAMS), Computer Aided Facility Management (CAMF), Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) is strongly preferred but not required.
- Proficiency in using MS Office as well as other tools including email and intranet systems.