IT Project Manager
Contract duration- 6 months
Location- Edmonton, AB- Remote position.
Rates- $100.00- $130.00 per hour.
Reporting to the Director, the Senior Project Manager is responsible for the coordination and completion of IT projects. You will be responsible to set deadlines, assigns responsibilities, takes minutes, records any risks into the register, and monitors and summarizes progress of project.
You will also build and maintain working relationships with team members, vendors, and other departments involved in the projects. You will prepare reports for upper management regarding status of project.
Our client has recently replaced their system which was to reduce manual work, duplication and help support teams with data and analytics.
This is one of the biggest transformations ever undertaken by our client. The System is a modern Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system to manage many business processes. The system did not bring complex scheduling and complex pay interpretation and this position is expected to lead the delivery of the project on behalf of the Business, Public Service Commission (PSC)
• Experience in managing a Complex Human Resources Information System (HRIS) project(s) adhering to the legislated policy and guidelines within Public Sector.
• Experience in documenting briefing notes or similar project status reports to the Executive Steering Committees at Ministerial level.
• Proven track record of managing Project Resources efficiently to meet Project goals.
• Compile project charters and business/project plans to support activities, including the most suitable approach to be used in the development of each applicable project, to ensure business objectives and data integrity are achieved
• Manage project(s) that will document business requirements, design and deliver IT solutions that are compliant with and contribute to the enterprise architecture.
• Assist with the development of recommendations including providing details of resource requirements, dependencies, interdependencies, policy implications pertaining to internal/external influences and the methodology to be applied.
• Produce and package deliverables for presentation to various internal support teams, steering committee, and other project stakeholders.
• Manage multiple projects, project resources and project governance.
• Work with project sponsors to ensure that effective project communication exists through the duration of the project including escalation of risks as required.
• Take responsibility for ongoing client satisfaction – manage peer-level client relationships and overcome hurdles to ensure win-win solutions.
• Collaborate with business and IT leadership to develop a well-defined project plan that clearly states the project’s objectives, scope, assumptions, timeline, resource requirements, risks, benefits and budget.
• Document and report project status against established objectives, milestones, budget and resources and facilitate tracking and closure of issues and risks.
• Develop project schedule plans and strategies, estimate resource requirements, develop and monitor work plans and take corrective action for completion of project tasks.
• Provide guidance to project resources in establishing work priorities and prompt delivery of project tasks.
• Develop, as required, related requirements documentation.
• In collaboration with project sponsors, assess whether the project achieved stated outcomes and identify opportunities for improvement for future similar projects.
• Provide leadership and assistance to business and project teams that require change management and communication support.
• Work within the standards defined by the project management office and in the absence of standards work with the project management office to define new standards.
PMP Certification preferred
Bachelors Degree, Diploma, or Certificate - IT or CS- preferred