Duration: 1 Year, Extended Yearly
Start Date: ASAP
Location: Bruce Power
Hourly Rate: $70/hour
Per Diem: Available for eligible candidates
Contract Maintenance Supervision is to ensure planned, outage and emergent work is executed in a safe and effective manner, to required standards and within business constraints.
- Communicate & reinforce a standard of robust risk assessment in preparation for work execution and ensure adherence to the Work Protection program.
- Plan, prepare and execute online work on a weekly basis to meet 95% completion and provide feedback on assessed work package quality issues for the mechanical, valves, welding, electrical, fuel handling, shift and civil maintenance sections as required.
- Complete rework evaluations as required with a view to continuous improvement.
- Plan, prepare and execute outages that meet all milestones as originally specified, minimizing recovery plans and meeting execution metrics.
- Maintain an oversight presence in the field in order to ensure work is performed safely and to standard, providing and recording coaching for both positive behaviors and gaps to standard.
- Assign work to Union Team Leads (UTLs) and trades based worker experience, work complexity and risk significance, understanding which jobs require increased oversight.
- Manage overtime and Appendix A resources.
- Maintain Bruce Power housekeeping standards – “Clean Plant – Safe Plant”
- Preference for candidates with nuclear experience, will consider non-nuclear experience as well
- Must have experience working with trades
- First Line Manager is preferred experience
- Must have oversight experience managing a crew
- 5+ years experience preferred