Material and Supply Chain Buyer
• Responsible for the execution of the purchase contracts established by the Commodity Managers and for ensuring accurate, timely and complete materials availability to enable manufacturing activities. The role has a key focus in ensuing the integrity and accuracy of the data held in the ERP system with the support of the Material Planning and Supply Manager and Production Planning department. Reports to: Operations Manager
•The Material Planning and Supply Planner is responsible for the proper execution of a Purchase Contract and therefore the successful implementation of the commodity strategy set by the Strategic Procurement team. Contract execution is handed over by the Commodity Manager after first article inspection / delivery
• Responsible for maximizing material availability for the owned commodity area, minimizing inventory and reducing cost
• Collaborate with the Planning, Warehousing, Operations, Project and Engineering departments to ensure material supply is accurate, in full and on-time:
Work with the production planners to determine what materials will be needed when
Work with suppliers to call off against the commercial supplier contracts the required materials
Work with the in-bound logistics and warehousing team to optimize JIT to line, to minimize inventory levels and WIP
• Maximise vendor delivery and quality performance through appropriate communication channels
• Responsible for supplier day-to-day management and relationship building, as well as KPI monitoring – participates in contract management activities together with the relevant Commodity Manager
• Process purchase requisitions in a timely fashion and ensures accurate and timely release of purchase orders
• Provide feedback to the relevant stakeholders to ensure rectification where data is missing or deficient
• Look for opportunities to improve the accuracy of data to remove material order errors
• Partner with supply chain analyst to ensure data allows for accurate reporting/ interpretation of data
• Share with suppliers, using technology, the forward material load requirements based on the production plan
• Flag any material issues to the Manufacturing Manager and Material Planning and Supply Manager so early action can be taken
• Provide regular material requirements to actual supply reports so supplier performance can be measured and fed back to them for action
• Follow-up with suppliers for overdue items/ resolve issues where stock does not arrive
• Due to projected manufacturing demands, there may be a requirement to work overtime when required.
• Other duties as assigned by the Operations Manager. Employment
• Minimum 2 years experience in a manufacturing environment
• A bachelor’s degree or diploma in Supply Chain Management, Business or Finance is preferred.
• Detail oriented with strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Excellent organization and communication skills, with ability to adapt quickly to change.
• APICS CPIM certification an asset
• An understanding of international logistical requirements and process as well as general inventory control principles
• Expert knowledge and experience using MS Word, Excel and ERP/MRP/DRP software
• Ability to work in and contribute to a team building environment
• Keen attention to detail and highly organized
• Understanding of lean manufacturing principles
• Must be eligible to meet requirements of export control and security regulations including Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP) and Canadian government security clearances.
Our client Marshall Land Systems specialises in the design and production of deployable operational infrastructure and mission support for humanitarian, defence and security operations across the globe. Their new operation in Moncton, New Brunswick is coming soon... take a look at the site below! To find out how you could be involved in this exciting new project, take a look at our latest roles here https://lnkd.in/dmR3P356.
Apply direct or send your updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org