Position Title: Mechanical Engineer (Level 5 & 6)
Reports to: Engineering Manager
Based at: Regional Office- Vancouver, BC
Position Purpose: Working closely with the Engineering Manager, leading on various projects, and maintaining the technical capability and production requirements of the service line.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Analyze existing data to forecast business decisions regarding budget forecasting, budget variances, client profitability, risk management and report findings to the Engineering Manager or Engineering Director as appropriate.
- Work as Relationship Manager or Technical Specialist to provide our clients with finished projects in a timely manner.
- Plan or review projects requiring the expenditure of a considerable amount of manpower and financial investment.
- Establish basic operating standards and accomplish objectives in the most economical manner to manage unusual condition.
- Understand and participate in resolving issues with cost control, non-recoverable expenditures, and utilization.
- Communicate effectively with team member.
- Maintain technical capability, provide technical expertise on projects, act as a mentor/coach to other teammates, share expertise with other offices, and work with others to increase the overall technical capability of the service line.
- Identify completed projects in your service line that are eligible for technical awards, ensure projects are submitted.
- Work with Project Managers, Engineering Managers, Relationship Managers and Directors to secure large multi-company project.
- Perpetuate and clarify culture and value.
- Build and maintain a well-developed network of colleagues for solving unique engineering problem
- Stay current with changes in own service line.
- Stamp own project design and reports and that of engineers in training for whom you are providing peer review as appropriate.
- Perpetuate, clarify, and embody our Purpose and Core Value.
- Teammates are required to adhere to the company policies and guidelines as well as the company and client safety policies and practices in effect at any given time.
- Can apply for a federal security clearance to work on institutional projects as required.
- Excellence certificate as part of their role with the company.
- .Teammates in a leadership position are expected to obtain their Leadership in Safety.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering
- Eng. status with appropriate provincial association
- May hold a master’s degree in engineering.
- HVAC/ Plumbing
Skills and Capabilities:
- Excellent interpersonal skills: a person who listens well, respects diversity of opinions and has an open, clear, and succinct communication style
- Effective organizational and time management skills in handling multiple projects, performing a variety of tasks, and meeting required deadline
- Ability to represent the company to teammates, clients, and community by ensuring the best image is presented.
- Application knowledge of systems and programs (including MS Office 365, SharePoint, Deltek Vision, AutoCAD, Revit MEP).
- Understanding and ability to apply marketplace trends to create and implement a marketing plan.
- Holds a senior position in technical or business association.
- Understands viability of other service line design