Position: Mechanical Engineer X2
Location: Saskatoon Corporate Office based, primarily working remotely from home Potential for travel to Cameco's Northern Saskatchewan operations
Days/Hours: Monday to Friday, 40 hours per week
Start Date: May 2022
End Date: December 31, 2022
Resumes due by End of Day, May 9th.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform mechanical engineering design work on various projects executed within Cameco and act as Engineer of Record for issued drawings, specifications, data sheets, engineering lists and construction packages.
- Experience with sizing, selection, and specification of major mechanical equipment, process pumping equipment, process piping design, process vessels, tanks, and some knowledge of industrial ventilation, HVAC and building services will be an asset. Knowledge of applicable design and or construction codes and standards.
- Work with mechanical designers for CAD work in support of development of 3D models and 2D drawings.
- Develop and revise technical specification, work on scope of supply, Material Take Offs to support capital cost estimation, Bill Of Materials for procurement, and construction work packages
- Signing and/or sealing of technical documents, including drawings, technical specifications, data sheets, engineering lists (such as equipment list, pipeline list, tie-in point list, valve lists etc), and calculations
Required Skills and Experience:
- (1) 4-9 years (intermediate) and (1) 10+ years (senior)
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering and registered with APEGS as P.Eng., with digital sealing (using ConsignO Notarius) enabled
- Registration as P. Eng. with PEO will be beneficial
- Experience with major mechanical equipment sizing, selection, process piping (P&IDs, piping specifications, piping isometrics), pumping, equipment layout design (supporting development of mechanical general arrangement, mechanical plans, sections and details), and building services (drains and vents)
- Experience with hydraulic modeling and simulation (such as AFT Fathom), piping stress analysis (CAESAR), steam/ condensate and refrigerated cold temperature piping systems
- Experience with Uranium would be an asset
- Cameco requires all assigned resources contractors to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19