Role: Project Controls Specialist
Location: Kincardine, ON
Position: Project Control Specialist -
Salary: $100,000 - $120,000/
Vacation: 3 weeks
Relocation Assistance: can be provided
Reporting to the Project Controls Manager, the Project Control Specialist will be responsible in providing project control support to ongoing projects and supporting the company’s estimating and construction teams to ensure that the company’s project control system is properly implemented and utilized.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Overall responsibility for compliance of assigned projects with project controls standards - both from applicable contract documents and from Aecon project controls policies/guidelines.
- Participate in developing, establishing and maintaining the company’s project cost /control systems.
- Participate in proposal and estimating efforts to ensure continuity between project estimates and project baseline
- Assist the project team in converting project bids to setting up the complete, accurate project baseline (budget), in the company’s Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system (SAP, Prism).
- Set up project accounting systems (cost codes, job cost processing procedures, project rules of credit) in SAP
- Review the project contract and ensure that all the contract conditions (invoicing, reporting, change management, etc.) are applied and fulfilled, project tracking and reporting, and project closeout
- Monitor the project performance and ensure that all the project control system is properly implemented.
- Generate all required project status reports for internal management and for the customer, including the overall project Dashboard, project performance report (Earned Value, SPI, CPI, etc),
- Train the project team on how to implement the change management procedures.
- Responsible to maintain a change management system in compliance with contract conditions and Aecon’s procedures; monitor and enforce the change management system for assigned projects
- Responsible to communicate, train and generally ensure full understanding by project staff of project controls processes and their applicable responsibilities
- Review and analyze the project control reports (i.e. progress and productivity) with the project control leads and project team and suggest corrective actions to maintain reasonable (around 1-PF) performance/productivity.
- Review and analyze the project scheduling and cost reports and suggest corrective actions to maintain the project within anticipated cost and schedule.
- Prepare and update project cash flows.
- AS required, produce custom reports per request of customer or internal management
- Provide input on an ongoing basis for improvements/modifications to Shoreline’s project controls policy & guidelines
- Assists with contract management and payments
- Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- 1-3 years of related experience is preferred.
- College and/or University degree in related field, OR applicable work experience
- Applied knowledge of the “Earned Value” principles.
- Applied knowledge of Project Management and Project Controls principles, including experience with concepts of PMBOK and AACE
- Ability to produce read and manipulate schedules and scheduling curves/reports.
- Applied knowledge of cost engineering/cost control.
- Intermediate to expert proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Organizational skills in order to handle multiple tasks within a high-pressure work site environment.
- Interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral).
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of management and employees.
- Willingness for continuous learning and advancement of technical knowledge.
- Detail oriented and customer focused.
- Direct support of Project management to monitor and report project financial status
- Fiscal responsibility as required by the Joint Venture agreement
EXTENT OF PUBLIC CONTACT
- External clients and client groups
- Joint Venture and project team partners
- Vendors and Subcontracts
- Variety of jobsite conditions (office, Nuclear environment, trailer, outdoors)
- Due to the nature of work conducted by Shoreline, mandated nuclear export controls requirements must be met for employment
- Our background check process includes a full security check and clearance process as well as reference checks. The security clearance process includes a comprehensive list of previous residences, employment, education and other pertinent information. security clearance are strongly preferred.