QC Inspector – New Fuel Load
Location: Darlington and Pickering
Duration: 10 weeks (likely to be extended)
Hourly Rate: $55- 70/hour
Start date: End of Feb/beginning of March
Number of vacancies: 7 candidates
The QC Inspector – New Fuel Load is responsible for the performance of all quality functions and duties as related to the RFR construction activities performed under the Aecon Quality Program. The position reports to the Quality Control Supervisor.
This role will be based in Courtice. ON.
Your role within the Team:
- Participate in the execution of required inspections as outlined in the Construction and Inspection and Test Plans.
- Perform quality inspection in accordance with the related codes and customer specifications. Such inspections shall include but not be limited to dimension and visual weld inspections.
- Review of History Documents including Certified Material Test Reports when required.
- Perform weld monitoring as required.
- Complete all associated records for individual inspections.
- Support the Series Quality Control Lead on the assigned RFR Series fielding questions related to quality and execution of quality inspection activities.
- Obtain required training to be competent and proficient in the execution of inspections and recording of results.
- Support quality control activities and processes performed under the Quality Program, including work performed by any sub-contractor performing work under the umbrella of the assigned RFR Series.
- QC activities will be based on approved documented processes and in accordance with the contract, technical specifications, applicable codes, and standards.
- Support site QC activities associated with the Project requirements for the assigned RFR series.
- Review and validation of associated Quality Records at the earliest opportunity following completion of the field activity.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Preferred graduate in welding technology, QA/QC or a related discipline at the University or College level.
- Sound knowledge of the Safety and Quality Program principles with regards to work in the nuclear industry.
- Adequate computer skills to the level required to permit performance of all assigned functions and tasks.
- Pays attention to detail and able to focus on the result.
- Able to effectively interact with people at all levels of the organization with view to implementing quality requirements and objectives.
- Computer literate in MS Office.
- Demonstrates a level of Individual Human Performance awareness.
- Demonstrated people skills and the ability to contribute to a positive and healthy Safety and Quality Culture throughout the quality team.
- Demonstrated awareness and knowledge of applicable ISO, CSA, ASME and other Technical Standards and Codes associated with the Project.
- Time management awareness.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.