Location: Edmonds, BC in office
Contract Duration: 12 months Monday - Friday 37.5 hours per week
Rate: $65 - $75/ Incorporated
* The Commissioning Planner and Advisor Level 2 is accountable for resource planning, commissioning staging, completing constructability reviews, and executing risk management strategies using relevant engineering standards so that projects are successfully completed safely, with quality, within budget, and on time.
Experience and Role Accountabilities
* A minimum fifteen (15) years of progressive experience in planning equipment testing and/or commissioning, or equivalent. Medium to high complexity projects.
* Execute commissioning resource planning and assignment strategies by defining the scope of work, procuring, and managing technical and engineering resources while working with the Professionals of Record (POR), design engineers, commissioning engineers, field technologists, commissioning leads and coordinators to get details and clarifications on the equipment or required outcomes so that the projects are implemented as planned.
* Complete the planning activities for commissioning which may include staging reactive and switchgear equipment testing, staging oiling of reactive equipment, staging field and vendor logistics for specialty equipment, completing constructability reviews, and visiting sites to fulfill BC Hydro's (BCH) environmental, health, safety and site readiness requirements.
*Interpret BCH and North American engineering commissioning standards in order to develop and implement comprehensive risk mitigation strategies by identifying, analyzing, and monitoring commissioning risks for effective risk management.
*Act as a Subject Matter Expert by providing advice and guidance on commissioning activities such as planning and resource management, development of commissioning timelines and requirements, and project commissioning execution, during project kick-off and planning meetings to ensure that testing and commissioning needs are accurately understood. *Build meaningful relationships between the commissioning team and the project or program stakeholders by regularly communicating project updates such as field testing progress, hold points, and potential technical issues to enable timely completion of projects.
*Perform finance activities for the project such as analyzing financial statements, budgeting, developing work package estimates with defined exclusions, limitations, and requirements to optimize project resources. *Collaborate with specialized technical vendors in staging work on site, contract completion, and invoicing so that goods and services are delivered to BC Hydro according to specifications.
*Contribute to BC Hydro initiatives as needed, by providing input to policies and procedures or by evaluating the technical and performance capabilities of various vendors in activities such as Request For Proposal development to support BC Hydro's ongoing operations.
Education and Skills
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Science, Business, or related discipline or equivalent experience
*Good working knowledge of engineering and commissioning standards *Advanced MS Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project) *Intermediate skills in MS Visio
*Advanced communication skills for professional environment, written and spoken
This role requires regular or occasional attendance at a BC Hydro workplace(s) and as such will be subject to BC Hydro's Contractor Vaccination Policy. This policy requires all contractor resources to be fully vaccinated by January 10, 2022 or prior to the work assignment start date whichever date is later.