24-011 Senior Quality Advisor and Field Team Leader (FTL)
Resume Due Date: Monday, January 22nd, 2024 (5:00PM EST)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Hourly Rate: $75 - 89/hour
Duration: 24 months
Hours of work: 40
Location: Darlington (100% on site)
- Coordinate, facilitate and drive project issues in the field and act as senior quality advisor for the project.
- Coordinate the clarification of design and specification requirements discussions during COMS for constructability and arrange for necessary field walk downs to address changes.
- Coordinate and participate in the preparation of specifications, bid packages, evaluation of tenders, and purchasing recommendations to address any constructability concerns.
- Support preparation of scope of work documents, lead constructability reviews, support Business Case Summaries for Senior Management, the Executive Office and the Board of Directors, for project approval and the release of funds.
- Support the preparation and coordination of all information pertinent to an assigned project and alternatives to be considered for input into planning.
- Review construction contractor labour estimates, schedules, execution plans, inspection and test plans and project oversight plans.
- Provide oversight of construction contractors integrated, logically tied, resource loaded project schedules which incorporate identified scope, risks, estimates/budgets and constraints that support effective project management and field execution.
- Maintain close liaison with construction contractor on matters involving conventional and nuclear safety during all stages of the project; engineering documents and construction work plans; purchasing, handling and storage of materials and tools; work protection and work permits; detailed execution planning and readiness preparations; daily progress reporting and schedule performance; completion of turnover documentation and quality records and other related issues.
- Perform regular field walk downs in standard and radiological work areas to ensure contractors are compliant with OPG , OHSA safety and quality standards and coordinate resolution of any non-compliances.
- Support evaluation of vendor proposals, contracts, and support recommendations for contract award that provides the best value to OPG.
- Provide management and project managers with regular project field and quality reports such as level one summaries, and participate in regular process progress meetings.
- Minimum of 10-15 years of relevant work experience within project engineering is required
- Previous Darlington Project Management experience preferred
- Refurb quality control experience preferred
- Ideal candidates will have worked in a Nuclear Engineering environment
- Experience and ability as a team player to understand and manage the interrelationships of various internal and external groups in order to facilitate objectives and ensure projects satisfy stakeholder requirements
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and be comfortable leading meetings and giving presentations
- Have experience and/or willingness to interface with vendors
- Have a strong interest in fast-paced, challenging work environments where showing initiative and self-motivation are assets
- Proven track record on delivering results
- Strength in understanding, executing and following governance and procedures with a questioning and analytical attitude/approach under minimum required supervision
- Knowledge of OPG's ECC Process (Engineering Change Control) is an asset.