Job Title: Supervisor-Paint
Responsible for achieving schedule, budget, and quality targets of the Paint Department through innovation and continuous improvement. Just as important is building a culture where Health and Safety is the main priority of all within the facility.
Reports to: Manufacturing Manager
- Lead a team of skilled painters, to prepare and spray complete container systems, vehicle systems and all associated material to the high standards expected by the business and customer.
- Working to engineering design data, paint specifications, and MIL Standards for specialist projects to meet the business and customer expectations.
- Take a proactive role to support the Manufacturing Manager ensuring that all projects are delivered on time, within budget and to the highest quality standard.
- Ensure paint shop processes and procedures are maintained.
- Implement and support a culture of continuous improvement. Encourage recommendations to improve productivity, quality and Health and Safety from your department.
- Ensure equipment and tooling required is available and maintained.
- Scheduling, payroll time sheets, vacation and absence tracking, onboarding, training, coaching and feedback on employee performance and behaviors issues, headcount planning and performance management.
- Other duties as assigned by the Manufacturing Manager.
- A University Degree or College Diploma in a related field, or equivalent experience/knowledge gained through other forms of education or training.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Commercial, Military or Motor Vehicle Paint Spraying industry.
- Knowledge of 2 PACK, water based and solvent-based paint systems and airless and HVLP spray equipment.
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing.
- Competent understanding of paint methods and processes and the ability to read paint specification data.
- Experience mentoring, training and/or coaching.
- Experience working in a ISO9001 certified manufacturing facility or company.
- Proven experience in a supervisory role, managing work in a safe and efficient manner.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, strong interpersonal skills, superior organizational abilities, and excellent computer skills.
- Must be eligible to meet requirements of export control and security regulations including Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP) and Canadian government security clearances.
Our client Marshall Land Systems specialises in the design and production of deployable operational infrastructure and mission support for humanitarian, defence and security operations across the globe. Their new operation in Moncton, New Brunswick is coming soon... take a look at the site below! To find out how you could be involved in this exciting new project, take a look at our latest roles here https://lnkd.in/dmR3P356.
Apply direct or send your updated resume to email@example.com