Max INC: $75.80/
Max T4: $62.64/
The successful applicant will report to a Telecom Engineering Team Lead and work with Design Leads and the Work Package Manager.
Travel within BC may be required.
Education and Skills
•University graduate in applied science or engineering
•Registered Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) or Professional Geoscientist (P.Geo.) with Engineers & Geoscientists BC or with another jurisdiction and eligible for registration as such with Engineers & Geoscientists BC
•BC Hydro uses a Digital Sign and Seal Technology. You may be required to subscribe to a digital seal technology service offered by Notarius
•Familiarity with CAD systems and drawing standards
Ability to use standard industry design/analysis software
• Intermediate MS Office skills (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
• Intermediate English skills for professional environment, written and spoken
• This role requires experience with the detailed design of telecommunications facilities involving microwave communication, channel banks, SONET multiplexer, teleprotection, fiber optic networks, C band/Ku band satellite, Tetra/VHF/UHF mobile radio, Power Line Carrier, -48 VDC Power systems, and IP/MPLS networks.
• The work is focused on Telecom Facilities Design; the preliminary and detailed design of BC Hydro’s telecommunications systems required to support electric system services, data network services and voice services.
• Prepare project documentation and deliverables in accordance with BC Hydro project and Engineering Design Practices (i.e. evaluation reports, specifications, proposals, estimates, design basis', calculations, hazard logs, test plans).
• Prepare design work packages including scope, duration, and level of effort estimates.
• Prepare signed/sealed engineering deliverables as a Professional of Record (PoR) in accordance with EGBC and BC Hydro Design Practices.
• Provide technical assistance and construction support in the field, and undertake field reviews as required by EGBC.
• Provide preliminary and detailed design packages for telecom projects involving microwave communication, channel banks, SONET multiplexer, teleprotection, fiber optic networks, C band/Ku band satellite, Tetra/VHF/UHF mobile radio, Power Line Carrier, -48 VDC Power systems, and IP/MPLS networks.
• Specify and procure materials, coordinate panel assemblies and staging, and testing of equipment panels prior to shipping for installation.
• Prepare construction requirements documents and circuit cutover plans.
• Prepare technical specifications, test plans and commissioning documents for the installation of telecommunication infrastructure.
• Prepare and issue channel authorizations, design configurations and settings.
• Provide technical guidance and support throughout the design process (cross-discipline integration, factory testing, installation, commissioning, and operations). • Provide training for end-users and peers on the theory and operational use of the installed or modified equipment/systems.
Provide design documents and inputs as required by BC Hydro Mandatory Reliability Standards (MRS) requirements.
Coordinate the completion of Telecom solution design deliverables; create and manage the work package schedule and provide progress reports and work forecasts; identify dependencies with other projects and lead concurrent project team discussions to resolve potential conflicts.
Additional Qualifications required:
University degree in Electrical Engineering and registered as a Professional Engineer (P. Eng.) in BC or other Provinces/Territories of Canada.
Experience in electrical utility Telecom field.
Experience in dealing with multiple tasks and setting and meeting competing deadlines.
Well-developed interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
Proven ability to establish and maintain positive relationships with internal and external clients and stakeholders.