- Location Paris
- Job type Permanent
- Salary $50k - 60k per year
- Discipline Advanced Manufacturing
- Reference JOB-26629
Join Morson Canada for an exciting opportunity in the Manufacturing industry.
Job Title: Welder
Location: Paris, ON
Salary: $50K- $60K
Commercially weld and prep material by manual or semi-automatic process.
- Read and interpret blueprints and welding process specifications.
- Operate manual or semi-automatic welding equipment to fuse metal segments using processes such as gas metal arc welding (GMAW), flux-cored arc welding (FCAW), shielded metal arc welding (SMAW), oxy-acetylene welding (OAW), resistance welding and submerged arc welding (SAW)
- Review engineering drawings and blueprints, co-ordinate with the Plant Foreman and Welding Supervisor to determine the materials, plan the sequence of tasks and processes/procedures required complete welding tasks efficiently, in general and/or project specific.
- Able to weld in various positions.
- Rig, hoist and move materials to storage areas or within work area.
- Set up and operate various heavy and light duty metal working equipment/tooling including but not limited to grinders and drills, bevellers, flux-cored welding, oxygen-acetylene burning torch, overhead/jib cranes, scissor, and lift trucks.
- Operate other task related tools and equipment including but not limited to chipping hammers, shields, portable power tools, rose buds, clamps, and wrenches.
- Visually inspect welds and preps to ensure they meet standards and/or specifications.
- May adjust welding heads and tooling according to work
- Install fabricated components in final product.
High School Diploma
Valid CWB welding ticket, or in the process, metal core
Valid AWS welding ticket, or in the process, metal core
Minimum 4 years’ experience
Terms of Employment:
Full time, two non-rotating shifts, days, or nights.
Dependent upon experience and education
Strong work ethic.
Works well under pressure.
Enthusiasm for change and ability to work in a demanding and dynamic environment.
Note: The responsibilities and tasks outlined in this document are not exhaustive and may change as determined by the needs of the company.