22-039 - Project Leader
Number of Vacancies: 2
Duration: 15 months
Location: Darlington (1 Holt Road, Bowmanville)
Hours: up to 35 hours per week
- Be responsible for the management and control of a specialized, complex project which typically address station production and safety issues, ensuring the achievement of employee accountability and ownership through effective project leadership. Undertake the organizing, coordinating and controlling of all stages of the project, including concept design, construction, installation, commissioning, system integration and field work, on a day or shift basis, in a turnkey fashion.
- Maintain liaison with external groups, regulatory bodies and agencies and cooperate in exchanging engineering and other relevant data as required to meet the project objectives. Arrange and as appropriate, chair meetings involving groups concerned with a given project. Guide and direct discussions involving internal staff, contractors, manufacturers, suppliers and the like in an effort to efficiently and effectively meet the project objectives.
- Provide leadership to project staff "assigned" to assist in the preceding duty. Create and maintain a work environment that motivates, supports and encourages staff to perform their assigned responsibilities in a professional, effective and efficient manner, consistent with the philosophy and goals of continuous quality improvement. Act as a coach and facilitator to create and sustain a non-threatening, supportive, team environment, actively working with staff to empower them to attain optimal work performance with a high level of personal responsibility and self-management. Demonstrate openness and trust through the sharing of information. Handle routine human resource problems. Provide clear expectations of performance measures and meaningful feedback, recognizing and rewarding achievements. Provide input regarding performance reviews of project staff to their direct Supervisor.
- Provide guidance, assistance and support to staff in the resolution of personal problems, and establish and maintain a healthy and safe work environment that improves and enhances the quality of working life. Coordinate the work of the project and provide consultative services on their problem areas. Review staff requirements and recommend changes to project staff as necessary.
- Minimum 5 years’ of engineering experience
- Nuclear experience is preferred
- University degree (Mechanical OR Electrical is preferred)
- P.Eng. Designation (asset)
- PMP is considered an asset