22-064 - Project Engineer
Number of Vacancies: 5
Level: MP4 & MP5
Duration: 2 years
Hours: up to 40 hours per week
* Manage EPC projects from inception through closeout
* Manage cost and schedule
* Manage/administer EPC contracts
* Review invoices and track purchase orders as per approved budget
* Provide Project oversight to EPC vendors to ensure projects meet requirements with respect to budget, schedule, safety, and quality
* Perform any required liaising activities between OPG and vendor stakeholders
* Manage risks and mitigation plans, maintain a risk register for assigned projects.
* Develop business case summaries to request funds for assigned projects
* Develop monthly forecasts for the project life cycle
* Fulfill Field team Lead and Mod Team Lead role in support of execution.
* Interface with the station.
* Integrate work into Online/Outage schedule.
* Write installation and commissioning workplans to support field execution.
* The candidate should have experience in project management of station modifications in Nuclear Facilities with major emphasis on activities related to installation, commissioning, risk management and cost & schedule management
* Four-year university education in Mechanical Engineering or by having the equivalent level of education/experience, or demonstrated experience in writing installation and commissioning work plans.
* Experience in Pickering site is an asset.
* Minimum 1 year of relevant Project management experience and a demonstrated ability to provide project oversight.
* Experience with Nuclear Industry, preferably Nuclear Power Plant (OPG experience is an asset).
* Experience in project engineering, MTL/FTL experience in installation and commissioning of modifications.
* Ability to prepare coordinate estimates, schedules, execution plans, contracting strategies, business planning, forecasting.
* Demonstrated Knowledge of ECC process (change control process not necessarily OPG's processes).
* A combination of Work planning, MTL/FTL experience, project management, risk management skills.