22-064 - Project Engineer
Number of Vacancies: 5
Level: MP4 & MP5
Duration: 2 years
Hours: up to 40 hours per week
• Manage EPC projects from inception through closeout
• Manage cost and schedule
• Manage/administer EPC contracts
• Review invoices and track purchase orders as per approved budget
• Provide Project oversight to EPC vendors to ensure projects meet requirements with respect to budget, schedule, safety, and quality
• Perform any required liaising activities between OPG and vendor stakeholders
• Manage risks and mitigation plans, maintain a risk register for assigned projects.
• Develop business case summaries to request funds for assigned projects
• Develop monthly forecasts for the project life cycle
• Fulfill Field team Lead and Mod Team Lead role in support of execution.
• Interface with the station.
• Integrate work into Online/Outage schedule.
• Write installation and commissioning workplans to support field execution.
• The candidate should have experience in project management of station modifications in Nuclear Facilities with major emphasis on activities related to installation, commissioning, risk management and cost & schedule management
• Four-year university education in Mechanical Engineering or by having the equivalent level of education/experience, or demonstrated experience in writing installation and commissioning work plans.
• Experience in Pickering site is an asset.
• Minimum 1 year of relevant Project management experience and a demonstrated ability to provide project oversight.
• Experience with Nuclear Industry, preferably Nuclear Power Plant (OPG experience is an asset).
• Experience in project engineering, MTL/FTL experience in installation and commissioning of modifications.
• Ability to prepare coordinate estimates, schedules, execution plans, contracting strategies, business planning, forecasting.
• Demonstrated Knowledge of ECC process (change control process not necessarily OPG's processes).
• A combination of Work planning, MTL/FTL experience, project management, risk management skills.