Revenir aux emplois
23-007 - Senior Project Manager
23-007 - Senior Project Manager
Number of Vacancies: 1
Hours: up to 35 hours per week
Duration: 2 years
Location: Darlington Station
- Be responsible for the preparation and coordination of all information pertinent to an assigned project required for input to the generation planning process and/or alternative to be considered. Prepare and coordinate the preparation of project assessment reports and lessons learned.
- Keep all project parties informed of latest capital construction and other corporate standards and procedures. Review and maintain awareness of all corporate procedures pertinent to project management control and administration. Communicate with appropriate departments and areas to ensure availability of current practices on budgeting, estimating, scheduling, risk management, quality management, etc.
- Maintain an awareness of technological advancements in engineering and construction fields. Review technical publications and other literature.
- Communicate with engineering counterparts, internally and externally, to exchange information and views on improved methods and techniques.
- Maintain liaison with concerned internal and external groups, regulatory bodies and agencies, and cooperate in exchange of engineering and other relevant data as required to meet the project objectives. Arrange and as appropriate, chair meetings involving group(s) concerned with a given project. Guide and direct discussions involving internal staff, contractors, manufacturers, suppliers and the like, in an effort to efficiently and effectively meet project objectives.
- Meet with, consultants, suppliers, and contractors before and after contract awards to interpret requirements, review progress, address deviations from plans, obtain cooperation and coordination in projects, and discuss ideas.
- Participate in programs to dispose of surplus equipment which become available, consequent to cancelled construction projects, such as unused turbines, generators and the like. Meet with potential buyers and attempt to influence same to accept such equipment in lieu of other purchases.
- Provide a high degree of project management expertise and mentor/coach staff in the project management process and methods. When required, provide technical advice and guidance to other members of the project management team and other parties concerning project procedures and control methods on work assigned outside of the department.
- Provide coordination and assistance in the preparation of preliminary project studies and reports, and in the preparation of submissions to senior management, the Executive Office and the Board of Directors, for project approval and the release of funds. Initiate and coordinate the preparation of project performance specifications. Develop detailed project execution strategies and plans including objectives and scope definition, cost estimates, schedules, project controls, risk management, procurement plans, etc. in accordance with applicable project management governance. Monitor, evaluate and report on cost and schedule changes. Provide appropriate departments and agencies with detailed project requirements, interpreting and discussing with personnel involved as required. Arrange for and/or prepare application to, and negotiate with, agencies, internal and external, for all necessary approvals, licenses, permits or clearances required. Coordinate the clarification of design and specification requirements, and arrange for necessary changes. Co-ordinate and monitor the preparation of specifications, requisitions, evaluation of tenders, purchasing recommendations, and contract administration. Arrange meetings as required to coordinate requirements and progress between design, suppliers, construction and operations. Maintain close liaison with field construction and operation on matters involving design, schedules, costing, safety and other related issues. Initiate, coordinate, arrange and control supporting services to other departments and external organizations. Provide immediate and higher management with appropriate reports on project status and progress. Review detailed cost variance reports, provide explanations and recommendations for over or under expenditures, and take corrective actions when required. Execute other project management functions as required by corporate policies and procedures.
- Supervise staff periodically assigned to work on projects or project teams. Be responsible for the work of staff assigned to participate in project teams or assisting in other work activities, by planning, organizing, assigning and checking their work, and giving advice, guidance and direction as necessary.
- Refer personnel issues which have a significant impact on the project or the employment of staff assigned to the project to the Supervisor for resolution.
- Undertake and be responsible for the planning, organizing, coordinating and controlling of all stages of the life cycle of the assigned programs, projects or project packages from inception and approval to final acceptance, or their transfer to a dedicated project unit, as circumstances dictate.
- Visit various site locations, manufacturers, suppliers, and the like. Be prepared to observe plant sites and installations in Canada and outside the country to observe techniques, equipment, etc. Provide input as required, and utilize knowledge gained for Ontario Power Generation application.
- Meet with Union representatives to facilitate decisions and resolutions for project work assignments, schedules, and work to be contracted to ensure work packages are properly assigned and are in compliance with established agreements. Maintain liaison and cooperate in discussing and exchanging relevant data as required to meet project objectives and resolve matters such as schedule conflicts and contract issues in an effort to meet the project objectives.
- Other Duties as Required
- Experience with Nuclear Industry, preferably Nuclear Power Plant
- Experience in refurbishment of nuclear power plant is an asset
- P.ENG., PMP are assets
- Requires experience in planning and development aspects of electrical power plans to become familiar with generating station design and associated components.
- Requires experience in a generalized but related industry to appreciate manufacturing and supply techniques.
- Requires experience to solve problems, provide guidance and initiate studies, designs and economic forecasts. Requires experience to understand the interrelationship(s) of various internal and external groups in order to facilitate objectives.
- Requires experience and knowledge related to environmental protection, health and safety, labor relations and associated concerns.
- Requires experience to be able to provide functional advice and guidance and interpretations of engineering programs, standards and procedures.
- Requires experience in project management to comprehend, interpret and apply procedures, practices and standards affiliated with related project.