24-026 Senior Scheduler
Resume Due Date: Monday, February 12th, 2024 (5:00PM EST)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Hourly Rate: $65 - 75/hour
Hours of work: 35
Location: Darlington (Hybrid, 1 day remote)
1. Front End Planning (FEP): Project team member responsible for coordinating, facilitating and driving the Front-End Planning processes. Initiate and facilitate Risk Profiling, Project Breakdown Structure development. Review and provide input into project scoping and Basis of Estimates. Initiate and co-ordinate scoping, and risk workshops. Obtain labour estimates from resource providers. With support of project team members develop integrated, logically tied, resource loaded project schedules (Primavera P6) which incorporate identified scope, risks, estimates/budgets and constraints to the individual task level for field execution. With support of project team members, establish project plans, schedules and milestones. Preparation of Project Execution Plan Obtain concurrence on project plan from applicable stakeholders (eg. Engineering, Design, CMO etc). Support and author Business Case Summary development. Ensure detail, accuracy and quality is adequate to allow monitoring and control of project to ensure successful completion of cost, schedule and scope commitments.
2. Project Monitoring & Control: Develop and maintain updated and accurate conceptual phase schedule. Load approved project plan/schedule into applicable project control systems (eg AS7, P6, etc). Maintain alignment between source systems and project control systems throughout project life cycle. Perform weekly schedule updates Perform weekly schedule analysis. Update schedule forecasts accordingly. Facilitate project metrics reporting and variance analysis. Identify actual and potential deviations from the approved annual, release or life cycle schedules to the line Manager. Recommend corrective actions. With support of project team members, monitor project risks against Risk Management Plan and update as required. Recommend corrective actions. Provide Project team with specific project information as required.
3. Change Management: Ensure approved change control processes are followed. Prepare and obtain approval of applicable change control documentation. Timely update of project schedule once change approval or direction has been approved. Perform “What if” analysis for project team. Maintain project baseline integrity. Ensure all baseline changes are documented, appropriately approved and auditable. Maintain accurate historical project performance throughout change control process.
4. Schedule Quality: Maintain the project schedule such that it accurately reflects the current project plan, including field execution. Remediate any discrepancies and maintain alignment. Ensure accurate schedule updating/statusing. Maintain project schedule quality and accuracy. Critical path, float, predecessor and successor tasks identified, activities logically tied, minimal restraints etc. Monitor/verify standard project reports for accuracy.
5. Interface with Cross Functional Groups: Interface with all stakeholders to ensure project plans are accurately updated and maintained. Interface with station work control for execution of field work. Obtaining cost and schedule commitments from applicable resource providers (eg. CMO, Design , FE). Obtaining cost and schedule status and forecasts from resource providers.
6. Closeout Phase: Facilitate and support project financial close out process. Final reconciliation and finalize/close out project controls and source systems (AS7, P6, SAP, etc).
Requires knowledge of engineering/science encompassing subject area relevant to the project planning, scheduling, risk management, and control service needs of the division. Requires strong interpersonal and communication skills, including relevant business and computer applications knowledge, to develop and maintain computerized project information, costs and forecasts. This knowledge is considered to be normally acquired through the successful completion of a four-year university education in an appropriate field such as Business, Finance or Engineering, or by having the equivalent level of education.
Requires experience in Primavera scheduling software (P6). understanding on project controls principles, and concepts such as project scoping, risk management, estimating, budgeting and scheduling. Requires experience of project management within a Nuclear generating facility within a project management support capacity. Requires experience to become familiar with engineering and construction management concepts, methods and techniques. (Turbine Generator system knowledge will be asset). Requires experience to become familiar with the development and operation of various computerized systems and databases, including business unit financial and work management systems. Minimum 6 years of relevant experience in scheduling is considered necessary for this position.