Revenir aux emplois
- Emplacement Toronto
- Type d’emploi Emploi permanent
- Salaire Market related
- Discipline Nucléaire
- Références JOB-25558
Duration: Full-time permanent
Location: 100% Remote
About the job
- We are growing and looking for a talented construction and project site leader who will oversee the building of new public charging sites and help our clients further scale its business in the fast-growing electric vehicle charging market.
- Reporting to the General Manager, this full-time role will support the company’s future growth by ensuring that all new sites are built on time and within budget. As our network and brand grows, this role has the potential to expand in scope with the need for team leadership and day-to-day management of a larger construction management team.
- This is an exciting opportunity to become a key team member of a high-growth company focused on becoming a leader in electric vehicle charging.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Be the single point of contact (SPOC) for the contractor representing the project;
- Create an ongoing managed process to review contractor performance and deliverables against the contract;
- Ensure contractor compliance with expectations that their employees are qualified and competent to perform the work, consistent with communicated standards and procedures;
- Ensure that project field execution status is well communicated with recommendations for improvement when not meeting expectations;
- Ensure that the contractor is accurately reporting cost and schedule progress and implement corrective action when contractor earned value is not meeting expectations;
- Ensure that there are managed processes in place within the contractor organization for escalation of issues and provide oversight of dispute resolutions;
- Establish and maintain a risk-based monitoring program of Engineer Procure Construct (EPC) Contractor and sub-contractor field activities, ensuring that the contractors are fulfilling their legal, contractual and quality program requirements.
- Handle Project coordination and permitting with the designated city/township and ESA;
- Manage collaboration between contractors, LDC’s, and site hosts;
- Coordinate the efforts of trades work forces and/or various contractors to ensure an uninterrupted workflow; ensure that safety, environmental, quality, production and schedules are being achieved. Ensure that systems are in place to manage project site safety and environmental (e.g. Safety Plan, JHSC, JSA process, tailboard meetings, etc.).
- Ensure that all appropriate site records of both direct-hire trades and contractor work activities are prepared and maintained. Where necessary, participate in resolution of disputes regarding contract claims, extras and warranty problems.
- Manage the budget for the project site, including items for the capital construction program. Review and control expenditures and cost incurred by the projects and explain variances. Analyze labour, material and other costs with an objective of minimizing expenditures and operating within budgetary limits.
- Engage with cross-functional team members to develop or refine necessary operational tools to maintain high levels of performance across our network;
- Work collaboratively with the General Manager and the entire team to grow the brand;
- Understand the latest industry & technology trends.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum 5 years of construction and site management experience managing complex civil / electrical installations;
- Civil engineering experience is an asset;
- Experience managing multiple vendors simultaneously and completing projects within tight timelines;
- Experience with acquiring municipal permits (Building and sign permits);
- Experience dealing with Local Distribution Companies and applying for Offer-to-Connects;
- Strong ability to clearly communicate with contractors and build rapport;
- Experience troubleshooting issues that arise and proactively developing effective solutions;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while effectively adapting to multiple changing priorities;
- Highly effective team player able to work collaboratively with leads from other business functions (Legal, Operations, Business Development, etc.)